FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kozmo LS1

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Shot the main body primer today ... have to wait until the morning to shot the rest ... ran out of light in my backyard paint booth.primer.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    No more red fenders... everything primed after lots of sanding fenders.jpg . Used PPG gray 2k primer. Man what a job... I picked a really hot Houston weekend.

5. Likes wrp, AJT '33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found a shop about here in town that will shoot the base and clear coat. Loaded it up paint.jpg took two trips in back of truck.
    Working on carpet and polishing grill and windshield carpet.jpg... should be ready to finish build when get body back from painters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Working on console, install radio and ac vent can't wait to test out pioneer touch screen radio...console2.jpg. Will get body back from painter on Sat. then the fun begins.

8. Likes TxMike64, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice console!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That IS a nice console!!!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, got body back from painters today... now put it back together one more time.

12. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Painted body

couple of pics of painted body.

paint2.jpg
    paint3.jpg

14. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    console3.jpg mounted console ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerboerne View Post
    console3.jpg mounted console ...

Did you have someone do the upholstery for your console or did you do it yourself?
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an upholstery shop about 2 blocks from my house do the waterfall and the console (I am not good with a sewing machine). I cut the console down and refiberglassed the front top, cut holes for the radio, ac vent, shifter, and cup holders. It comes with hardware to hinge the arm rest but I did not do that. Adding the ebrake bypass switch to the radio (so wife can watch movies). Wired in the radio to the reverse switch on the trans and the back up camera so that it auto displays when shift into reverse. Since the radio does Apple CarPlay looking for place to mount microphone and usb connector. Now all I have to do is get the energy to put this thing back together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the dash put back together dash.jpg Did elect check and quick run before dropping body down into place.

19. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the interior almost done ... think I will get it aligned before I put on front fenders...body3.jpg, body4.jpg, body5.jpg

21. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished out trunk... not sure where I will radio antenna trunk.jpg

23. Likes wrp, JimLev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mounted seat slides on Breeze seat mounts and cut out trunk floor for bat box.
    Attachment 75258
    Attachment 75259Attachment 75260
    Where did you get the seat slides that mount on Breeze seat mounts. I have looked all over the place and cannot ring them.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really looking good

Post Thanks / Like
    I will look back through receipts to see where I got them. Just basic slides that I modified to work with the Breeze seat mounts. I wanted to raise the seats another inch so I added the 1 inch square tubing. Drilled holes in the tubing and the seat slides and ran high strength socket head bolts down into the captive nuts on the Breeze mounts. The socket heads fit inside the slide mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished out trunk... not sure where I will radio antenna trunk.jpg
    Really nice solution for the battery, at least accessible, any more pictures how you made the box?

Post Thanks / Like
    Took a picture with wife's phone - ls33.jpg - she let me use it since I got her car back in the garage. Took it to a couple of places for the alignment... no luck so far. One place wanted me to leave it with them ... that's not going to happen. Going to DMV on Friday after certification... I think I posted some pictures earlier on the battery box. Got the box on eBay ...made for 4 wheelers ... then used 1 in alum square tubing to build a frame for it behind the rear frame rail. Not sure if FF has changed the trunk alum again. Mine had a lot of wasted space beside the 3 link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks GREAT!
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR 33 Hot Rod soft top

Quote Originally Posted by TxMike64 View Post
    Looks GREAT!
    Is that the top from Factory Five, how does it fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Like it better with top down...topDown.jpg... The top is sold by FF made by DTS Enterprises. I still need to get the side curtains. It is well made and easy to put on and take off.

32. Likes AJT '33, TDSapp, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful ride! You should be proud.
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

34. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    j33jpt - The battery box came from "nexgenoffroads.com" called pc925 upright battery box

36. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok got the safety inspection done by a ASE certified master technician. He charged $100 to do the inspection. He said he could do the alignment also, but after an hour of he gave up. Just going to do it myself.
    Looks like I need a "Certified weight certificate" of the car for registration, insurance, and pictures of the VIN. So couple more days before I can get it registered .

Post Thanks / Like
    Man just saw the Holly mid-mount accessory LS drive kit. If it had been out when I was looking for alt and ac mounts I would have bought it for sure. They use a custom water pump and the alt and ac bolt to it.
    Looks like it would have been a good fit for the 33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok got the safety inspection done by a ASE certified master technician. He charged $100 to do the inspection. He said he could do the alignment also, but after an hour of he gave up. Just going to do it myself.
    Looks like I need a "Certified weight certificate" of the car for registration, insurance, and pictures of the VIN. So couple more days before I can get it registered .

Don't forget the three pictures of your car (front, side and back) and a picture of an original 1933 Ford.
    Tim Sapp

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes thanks for the reminder. Took pictures of all sides and a close up of the vin plate. If anyone is wondering how small these cars are here is pict of mine next to my wife's civic...civic.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes thanks for the reminder. Took pictures of all sides and a close up of the vin plate. If anyone is wondering how small these cars are here is pict of mine next to my wife's civic...civic.jpg
    I'm being lazy and asking instead of going through your thread and looking... but what wiper setup is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mighty wiper from RainGear about $150

Post Thanks / Like
    Reg picts... regpict1.jpg, regpict2.jpg, regpict3.jpg... Got the cert weight ... 2520 with me in it 2340 with me out... I gotta loss some l-bees.

44. Likes shmelty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a couple of comments about the paint. I did the body work and primer. I had a prof. do the base and clear coat. I paid him 1200 for his labor and 600 for materials. I spent about 400 on filler, sanding blocks, paint gun and primer. So I have around 2200 in the paint job. It is not perfect... I completely disassembled the car for paint, so very little taping was required. Got about 60 miles on it now and the LS1 is great. Barely touch the key and it fires right up. Warms up to just under 200 and stays there. I will prob. add power steering sometime in the next year or so. A couple of tips... the locking nuts are great for the finial assembly but not when you know you will be taking it back apart. So I bought non-locking nuts (sprayed painted them red) and used them when I knew I would be taking something back apart...(door hinges, trunk hinges, door latches!). Also, as I learned how to mix and apply the Bondo, I found out that the less you mix at one time the less you throw away when it starts to jell! Anyway it has been fun... now I need to retire so I can spend some time driving it around.

46. Thanks wrp thanked for this post
    Likes FF33rod, wrp, Mrallsport32, shmelty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will pass along what I did about the muffler heat. I have the insulation package from FF. But what is kinda funny about it is that there is sound mat on the floor boards above the mufflers but not heat mat. I saw a tip on one of the weekend car shows... they used
    AC duct insulation wrap heat.jpg ... I went to HD and bought a roll for about $20 put it down before I put down the floor board carpet. So far so good. One other thing on the door hinges. Make sure you put the washers on the top and bottom of the shoulder bolts. The drawing in the manual does not show them but the picture does. If you don't put them on, the door will flop around like a fish out of water.

48. Thanks wrp, FF33rod thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Went to DMV today. Got reg and title. Put temp plates on car... so now it is legal... going to put some miles on it this weekend...hoodless.jpg

50. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Good job and enjoy the rides this weekend.
    Tim Sapp

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Took the 33 out to "Houston Coffee and Cars" this morning before the rain (www.houstoncoffeecars.com). Lots of kids with cameras. And a few Ferraris ... since it was Ferrari Day. Nice event that they do in a Mall Parking lot from 8 to 10 first Sat of every month. Will post some picts if I get to go in Oct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Added the power steering motor. steer.jpg Makes the 33 easier to drive around town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Added the power steering motor. steer.jpg Makes the 33 easier to drive around town.
    If you have more pictures and brand/model I would be interested in case I go in that direction. THX!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast