Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just Checking In

Post Thanks / Like

Just Checking In

Thought I would check in, since it's been a long time. I had to look up the last time I posted anything, and it was way back in Sept of 2016. I have both forum sites up everyday, read here and there, but just haven't posted or worked on any design stuff since last Sept. This last year and even right now been going through some pretty hard financial hardships and some health issues. Been going to the VA a lot the last month and going again in another month......OUCH! But life goes on. I guess the health issues are due since I am in my late 50s, body starts to go out to lunch!....lol

If feel pretty bad about not working on some requests that I promised way back, I think 3. I like to keep my promises, so like I said, I feel pretty bad about that, it reflects on me. I'll have to search my external HD to see what they are

So what has been going on around here, and big news? Other then the New stuff FFR came out with.

Any hoot, enough babbling....lol

David

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to hear from you David, it's funny you say your in your late 50's cause I've always pictured you as someone in ther 20's. Hope your health issues get solved, being in my 60's myself I know where your coming from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    It's good to hear from you David, it's funny you say your in your late 50's cause I've always pictured you as someone in ther 20's. Hope your health issues get solved, being in my 60's myself I know where your coming from.
    Thanks yeppers, turned 57 in Sept. I don't look my age at all, most people tell me I look 40...lol
    The health thing isn't something real bad, but just enough to be bothersome.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    I often say there are only two age groups at car events - under 30 without kids and over 50 after kids. Not many in between! Having just hit 53 (but swear I'm still 29 inside) I'm not sure where those in-between years went, but it's time to have some more fun goddamn-it!

Scary to think I sold the GTD40 in '96 ish and the cobra in '99. Too long
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    David, I love your designs. And can relate to the age thing. Seems it takes longer to heal now. Every time I think I'm still in my 30's my body reminds me that I'm really twice that age. I'm old enough to hide my own Easter eggs but still think I'm 18 at heart. Hope to see more of your cool designs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    I often say there are only two age groups at car events - under 30 without kids and over 50 after kids. Not many in between! Having just hit 53 (but swear I'm still 29 inside) I'm not sure where those in-between years went, but it's time to have some more fun goddamn-it!

Scary to think I sold the GTD40 in '96 ish and the cobra in '99. Too long
    I hear that! Never been married or have any kids, but it sure feels the same....lol

Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    David, I love your designs. And can relate to the age thing. Seems it takes longer to heal now. Every time I think I'm still in my 30's my body reminds me that I'm really twice that age. I'm old enough to hide my own Easter eggs but still think I'm 18 at heart. Hope to see more of your cool designs.
    Thanks lol@the Easter eggs!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David! Really good to see you here! Like you, I've been off the forums for quite some time, and it's good to be back. I am still not posting a lot, but follow lots of things here. Glad to know you are still kicking out there! xoxox

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Post Thanks / Like
    David
    Good to see you prairie dogging again. FF whack a mole time.
    The 33 pickup that Dave Smith said is in the works should get you jazzed up again about that concept, can't wait to see what you do with that.
    I would love to see a pickup cab that's the same footprint as a 5 window so if you get bored let's see a 5 window pickup even if you have to
    morph it from your sedan delivery drawings.
    Dale Berry
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmsss View Post
    David! Really good to see you here! Like you, I've been off the forums for quite some time, and it's good to be back. I am still not posting a lot, but follow lots of things here. Glad to know you are still kicking out there! xoxox

Karen
    Thanks Karen Glad to hear from you as well, nice to know that you are keeping busy, I gather with the new gen3 coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    Good to see you prairie dogging again. FF whack a mole time.
    The 33 pickup that Dave Smith said is in the works should get you jazzed up again about that concept, can't wait to see what you do with that.
    I would love to see a pickup cab that's the same footprint as a 5 window so if you get bored let's see a 5 window pickup even if you have to
    morph it from your sedan delivery drawings.
    Dale Berry
    Hemi33
    Thanks Dale Yeah I saw that post as well from Dave S. Not sure what they have in mind. Would be nice if it was at least somewhat based on my design I might get back to the 33 pickup design, but only if it is somewhat inline with what Dave Smith and FFR have in mind, other then that if might just be a waste of my time, but will have to find out some more about the pickup design that FFR is working on, if they will even let me know.

David