FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Touch Screen Audio/Video System

Post Thanks / Like

Touch Screen Audio/Video System

With the Limited Visibility, I was thinking of installing a Dual Camera (Front and Rear) to assist with Parking etc. Crutchfield said this system will support 2-Cameras. Also for Audio/Nav/Phone etc. Has anyone installed a Camera System to you car??

g1305201NEX-o_angle.jpg
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Kenwood touch screen radio with back up camera, navigation, phone etc. in my Hot Rod. The back up camera helps a lot when I have the convertible top up. IMG_2021 - Copy.JPG
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

3. Thanks wrp thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was thinking along the same lines Larry. I was only concerned about a rear camera though and quite a few systems will take 1 camera. Had been looking at the Pioneer line up.
    Steve

5. Likes AJT '33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if it will work with 2-Cameras?? I concerned with Parking and Texas Roads. One in the Rear for backing out, and one for the Nose. It is way out there and low.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if it will work with 2-Cameras?? I concerned with Parking and Texas Roads. One in the Rear for backing out, and one for the Nose. It is way out there and low. Is it very deep?
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CVOBill View Post
    I have a Kenwood touch screen radio with back up camera, navigation, phone etc. in my Hot Rod. The back up camera helps a lot when I have the convertible top up. IMG_2021 - Copy.JPG
    Mind me asking where you mounted speakers and quantity?

Thanks
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBB Larry View Post
    With the Limited Visibility, I was thinking of installing a Dual Camera (Front and Rear) to assist with Parking etc. Crutchfield said this system will support 2-Cameras. Also for Audio/Nav/Phone etc. Has anyone installed a Camera System to you car??

g1305201NEX-o_angle.jpg
    Larry - I agree. I don't know that I will ever use it, but I am thinking a front facing camera mounted right behind the grill as well. I am sure that in most cases by the time I see anything it will be too late to react, however it is one of those things I would rather have and not need than need and not have. The thing I struggle with the most is where to place a screen that is large enough for my vision but subtle enough to not look like a media room!

Thanks
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JOP33;348963]Mind me asking where you mounted speakers and quantity?

I have two speakers in each door panel. I started with one in each door panel and realized the GPS "talks" in the front speakers only. The good part is I thought a head and ran the wires into the door for front speakers if I every wanted/needed them.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBB Larry View Post
    Do you know if it will work with 2-Cameras?? I concerned with Parking and Texas Roads. One in the Rear for backing out, and one for the Nose. It is way out there and low. Is it very deep?
    Larry, yes the radio I have will support two cameras.
    CVOBill

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know of a radio system that would support 3 cameras. reason I ask is I have been looking at RV parking cameras and screens? I am trying not to run side mirrors and rear view mirror. I want a shaved side look. No door handles and mirrors. Looking to mount mini cameras on the sides and the rear to substitute the mirrors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMAN View Post
    Does anyone know of a radio system that would support 3 cameras. reason I ask is I have been looking at RV parking cameras and screens? I am trying not to run side mirrors and rear view mirror. I want a shaved side look. No door handles and mirrors. Looking to mount mini cameras on the sides and the rear to substitute the mirrors
    I like the concept (shaved), however you may want to check on the legalities of no mirrors. I could be wrong (as in most cases I am), but I believe most states require at least a drivers side mirror and then if the rear window is blocked a passenger side mirror as well. Please don't take this as gospel, but do check.

14. Likes AJT '33 liked this post