BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi from socal

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from socal

Hi Everyone, I've been wanting to build myself a cobra roadster for a long time and am now getting closer. Three things stand in my way right now, saving to buy a house, no place to build a kit, and concerns about how well I'd fit. The first will hopefully solve the second, though may take me far from where I am now. For the third however, I'm on the tall side, 6'3" and worry about legroom and footroom when driving.

While I don't own a sportscar at the moment I did have a Z4 as a daily driver for many years, and had a personal policy of always having the top down if it wasn't raining. Luckily I can often accomplish that where I live. Now I'm without any sort of convertible, but I do have a vehicle that's almost as good... something that can tow a roadster.

I've already read a few build threads and want to thank everyone who goes to the extra effort to document the process for the instruction and inspiration of others.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where in So Cal are you located?

Be sure to stop in at the Huntington Beach car show. It's April 28th this year.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Where in So Cal are you located?

Be sure to stop in at the Huntington Beach car show. It's April 28th this year.

Ray
    I'm in Irvine. I'm definitely planning on coming to the car show and quite excited to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHH View Post
    I'm in Irvine. I'm definitely planning on coming to the car show and quite excited to do so.
    Tell roadster owners you are planning to build one and would like to see if you fit. I'm sure someone will accommodate you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m in Corona del Mar and have built two big boy roadsters. Come to the BBQ on Friday before the HB show and try on my ride for size.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHH View Post
    Look for this car....IMG_0002.JPG

I'll let you try it on for size.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much both of you, I will take you both up on that offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m 6’3” ish... 280 ish.... lol and I was really worried about fitting in one.
    Last year in Huntington Beach I got to try on one of David built (his brothers Trojan)
    And I fit just fine. Extremely bad knees and all. Now no hesitations... other than cleaning our
    garage (required by my wife lol) and waiting for the next sale. Lol