Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DavidW build in Maryland

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    Its still there......349 days today. I guess for them its good to be busy, for me its been a tough year haha. Hopefully Ill get it back soon and post some pics.
    And I thought mine was slow taking 7 months, one of which was on me when I got the body back and put it on the frame. They clearly do good work, but . . . wow 12 months with no results. you are more patient than I think I would have been. I hope that it is everything you hope for. I admit the waiting is hard, but the results are very satisfying. Post some photos when you get it! Best of luck.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Almost a year ... that is one long wait ... but the results I have seen from local guys will surely make it worth it.

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    I received an exciting photo from Whitby yesterday, and they said they are pulling stripes. Shouldn't be long now! I saw a picture this morning on their FB page and they sure do have those bodies stacked up outside that booth.
    paint.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DavidW; 01-04-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw that picture on instagram this morning. Glad to know it is yours!!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    From the other day.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a tease!
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally took the time and figured out how to post large pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome! It is so exciting seeing your car like that the first time!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, those colors really look awesome!
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone! Sterling grey metallic, with ruby red metallic and tuxedo black metallic stripes. Whitby did a great job, cant wait to get it home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really beautiful. Congratulations!!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    David - look forward to seeing you cruising the Eastern Shore! Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks really good, Dave. Im headed down to Whitby's on about a week or so for a first dropoff...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    That looks really good, Dave. Im headed down to Whitby's on about a week or so for a first dropoff...
    Thank you. Ask Jeff to take you through his shops, they have a lot going on there. They definitely are working on a lot of Roadsters, like an assembly line but if you just look in the first part of the shop you wouldn't know it. They have a good size machine shop too which surprised me because I don't see any people talking about that on the forum. They also have stuff outside too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mistasherm View Post
    David - look forward to seeing you cruising the Eastern Shore! Very nice!
    Thanks, I cant wait. How is your build coming along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally back from Whitby and ready for final assembly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa! Great color combination! That is really going to turn out nice. I will be looking for it on the Eastern Shore!
    Ty

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude! I saw your car when I was at Whitby's while it was being wetsanded. Looks fantastic... and love the grey. I believe this is the same Ford grey I will be using.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa! Great color combination! That is really going to turn out nice. I will be looking for it on the Eastern Shore!
    Ty
    Thanks, you'll probably hear me before you see me..haha.

Dude! I saw your car when I was at Whitby's while it was being wetsanded. Looks fantastic... and love the grey. I believe this is the same Ford grey I will be using.
    Thanks, we don't live to far from each other maybe we'll see each other around once our cars are finished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, we don't live to far from each other maybe we'll see each other around once our cars are finished.
    Defintely. Look for ward to meeting.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us

Post Thanks / Like
    So finally getting back to the build. I've started the small stuff like the lemans cap, installing weather pack connectors and lights. I had to open up the holes for everything with a file, it was intimidating because of the new paint but once I got started it was easy.

I've been looking at the drivers side exhaust and how it comes out of the body, the top exhaust bolt hits the body and should be able to be pushed off by using the splash guard I was told but it takes a lot of force to move it. Has anyone made a shim to fit between the body and the drivers side footbox to help push the body off the exhaust? I think I'm going to attach a stud with HSRF on the body tab in front of the exhaust and try to push out the body with the splash guard. I may have to make a new splash guard or add an extension from the F-panel to make it wider. The passenger side exhaust fits great between the body. Both drivers side and passenger side exhaust run parallel to the body the same distance away and look great it just this one hang up with the top bolt hitting the body. Any suggestions and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Passenger side

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave-

Your car looks great; really like that paint!

As far as the bolt, have you considered fabricating a small bracket, which you could mount to the bolt, and positioned so it moves the body out just slightly? It's pretty low tech, but I think it can be made fairly easily, and suit your goal. Hopefully I communicated my thought enough that it makes a little sense.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave-

Your car looks great; really like that paint!

As far as the bolt, have you considered fabricating a small bracket, which you could mount to the bolt, and positioned so it moves the body out just slightly? It's pretty low tech, but I think it can be made fairly easily, and suit your goal. Hopefully I communicated my thought enough that it makes a little sense.

Regards,

Steve
    Thanks, That's a good idea but when the motor is running and the torque causes the engine to move on the mounts as designed I'd be afraid it would beat the body up. I was thinking about making something to attach to the footbox since its right next to that area just like the splash guard. The splash guard by itself does push the body off the exhaust slightly but I think the body will eventually win and lay back down on the exhaust. Unless the fiberglass body somehow releases the tension over time then it might be okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the DS exhaust and body issue worked out, I hope. I used a wedge pump to push out the body and then fit in the new splash guard with bulb seal, removed the wedge pump and all is good.

I finally got the last part from the body shop jail and put it on, the scoop!

I had to make new splash guards for the front PS and DS, these tools plus a break at work helped out with that.

I ended up using the brass bolts in the top window channel to mount the visors and rear view mirror, I didn't want to possibly break the glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rear wheel splash guard fit good I only had to trim a little for a good fit.

Finally got around to making the panels for the trunk and the front of the rear wheel opening.

Post Thanks / Like
    My word David that is an incredible build. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE the color scheme!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little by little getting done. Installed the brake boot. Got my under door carpet binding and decided to have it sewn on instead of relying on the adhesive it came with, didn't stick at all. I cut the rest of the binding off after getting it sewn on so I could glue it to the panels. Here is a pick of the front grommets installed. I received the wheel well liners, that's them under the carpet binding, they actually fit great, cant wait to install those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave, I have a weeks Vaca coming up soon... Feel like a visitor for an afternoon? Love to see yer machine...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave, I have a weeks Vaca coming up soon... Feel like a visitor for an afternoon? Love to see yer machine...
    Sure, sent you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,
    Where is this going?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like

Hi David,
    Where is this going?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Its going in the back wheel well in front of the back wheels behind the door latch. I haven't installed them yet, I want to paint the underside with Herculiner prior to installing them and haven't done that yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its going in the back wheel well in front of the back wheels behind the door latch. I haven't installed them yet, I want to paint the underside with Herculiner prior to installing them and haven't done that yet.
    Thanks. I will add this to my list, plus the Herculiner.
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Still haven't painted the under-body yet but this section behind the door catch is where those small splash guards are going in the wheel well. The inside cockpit side need something to fill in the hole too, haven't decided what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Installed the splash guards at the front and back, installed the remaining carpet under the door the binding made a big difference with the fit and finish of that under door carpet. I do have the Dark Water Custom aluminum trim that goes on the body under the door but not sure if I'll install it. I still need to make and install the panels around the radiator and install the wheel well liners, I might install the liners in the winter time.

Filled the tank and found the seal around the sender leaked, what a nightmare...had to remove fuel then the sender and replace the seal, hopefully that will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, here is a great tool to use to hold the wheel spinner center section while installing the spinner. Small suction cup on a toothbrush, I had to get my son a new tooth brush afterwards, haha. Now I have a kids toothbrush in my toolbox, awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its lookin great, Dave!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to my first car show this past Saturday, was threatened by rain all day even felt some drops but it held out. My wife and son arrived shortly after the t-ball game and yesterday we were surprised to find our picture in the local Bay Times news paper. My son cant stop staring at the car, feels awesome!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast