Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Unscheduled maintenance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unscheduled maintenance!

Sorry about that folks, we were hit with an unexpected server migration. Everything is up and running again but let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks!

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 06-19-2018 at 03:31 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    lights are back on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David for all the work you do with the forums.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

4. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, looks good so far!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

6. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it worked out. "Unscheduled maintenance" huh? I worked in IT so pretty sure I know what that means.

Is it just me, or is the site a little sluggish now? Pages don't seem to load as quickly. Otherwise, all good.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

8. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work in IT and last week had some “Unscheduled Maintenance “ when the fire suppression company didn’t turn the breakers back on for the data center AC units after their testing.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Glad it worked out. "Unscheduled maintenance" huh? I worked in IT so pretty sure I know what that means.

Is it just me, or is the site a little sluggish now? Pages don't seem to load as quickly. Otherwise, all good.
    Yeah, it is sluggish. I'm getting some feedback about that issue via PM. I've asked the hosting service about it and will report back.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never worked in IT but from this I've learned that pulling my engine to replace a blown head gasket is just "unscheduled maintenance". I feel better now.
    Last edited by AZPete; 06-11-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    And all this time I thought it was due to the Sheetrock dust in my router. :-)

(Roadster build on temporary hold while house renovation)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hot Smokin' Tamales! The site is FAST right now!

I think we're good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Unplanned maintenance" isn't as bad as RUD - Rapid Unplanned Disassembly. Depending on the magnitude, may also be known as a 'yard sale'.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

15. Likes Just puttering liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...743-Forum-slow

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ething-Changed

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ached-Warnings

I wanted to reply to this thread to give an update to the speed issue with the forum over the past 9 days.

The issue surfaced once the site was "clamped down" after the emergency migration. It has taken this long to ID and mitigate the underlying cause. The site is heavily patched at the moment and an overlay is scheduled.

We're not out of the woods quite yet but you should have noticed the speed improvement. I don't know if it's temporary or not, but I'm looking into status for that.

I know this is somewhat of a cryptic response but until I know all the facts it's the best I can do. For now. The situation is still fluid and as soon as I have another update I'll let you know.

Last note: The "Like" feature was NOT the cause as far as I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    The site has been FAST all day! Great work! Hoping we are out of the woods.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, David.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your hard work David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As you may have noticed, we had to shut the forum off for a bit to do some upgrades. It's up and running again. Not sure if we will need to pause it again...

Stay tuned!

21. Thanks Wt4Go thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't look now but I think we're back up to speed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Don't look now but I think we're back up to speed!

Thank you for working through the issue. Slow doesn't work in this hobby!

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10 days later I've closed the ticket on the migration as successful (finally)

As you were...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you thank you thank you.
    It’s almost too fast. Anyway to slow it down a bit?
    I crack myself up. (I’m here all week. Fortunately it’s Wednesday...)
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mburger View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you.
    It’s almost too fast. Anyway to slow it down a bit?
    I crack myself up. (I’m here all week. Fortunately it’s Wednesday...)
    Actually, during the early testing they really opened the spigot. Sometimes it was absolutely lightning fast. It was actually noted in the test results to throttle the bandwidth!

Speed = $$$. How fast ya wanna go?

Sound familiar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup it does sound familiar.
    Mark