Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How do I get unfinished MKIV from Dallas TX to Nashville?

Post Thanks / Like

How do I get unfinished MKIV from Dallas TX to Nashville?

As the title asks, How do I get unfinished MKIV from Dallas TX to Nashville?

Does anyone have an enclosed trailer and want to make a little cash, move my kit to my new home? Looking to move it the second week of July.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Stewart transport many times to do this for me. They are equipped to do it.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used these two services.

Incognito Express - Missy 254-542-7804
    Dan Joyner - 336-662-3311

Would absolutely use both again.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post

Dan Joyner - 336-662-3311
    Agree with Scott on this one. He has delivered to and picked up cars from me.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, great timing on this thread! I've been looking at enclosed shipping options to get my car to Jeff this winter and then back to me after it's painted. The quotes I got from a couple of the big name guys are a bit high. I'll give these recommendations a try.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    When I bought the unassembled Challenge Car a friend with a trailer helped pick it up. He came to me we drove from GR Michigan to just west of Atlanta and home. Two LONG days.

I built a frame dolly, everything else was on small dollies. All worked well.

It was well worth the time and compensation to meet the original owner. Bought other available parts as well that I wouldn't have known about had I not made the trip.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the leads guys, but after visiting with a doctor today and X-rays, my days of working on cars are over. I am going to have to sell my MKIV and worry about long term recovery after back surgery. There is no way I will be working on cars for a year or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6t8dart View Post
    I appreciate the leads guys, but after visiting with a doctor today and X-rays, my days of working on cars are over. I am going to have to sell my MKIV and worry about long term recovery after back surgery. There is no way I will be working on cars for a year or two.
    Obviously, I don't know the details of your situation. However, as a veteran of 35+ years of treatment for spinal arthritis, stenosis and 3 herniated disks (and survivor of 3 back surgeries) I assure you that there is still life after spinal fusion. Some things take longer these days and I have to be more careful about lifting stuff, but wrenching on the car is still possible and enjoyable. If you can handle the financial burden, I suggest that you reconsider selling your car. Having the car waiting for your attention is a great incentive to get through the inevitable post-surgical physical therapy.

Good luck with the surgery!

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    If you can handle the financial burden, I suggest that you reconsider selling your car. Having the car waiting for your attention is a great incentive to get through the inevitable post-surgical physical therapy.
    My back is fused from my hips to the base of my neck. Long story, but I could build a FFR car in my physical condition. Yes, it took a year plus to get back on my feet, (literally) but I'm back on my feet.
    I wouldn't make any decisions to sell right now until the emotions of the diagnosis wears off. Trust me, much better days are ahead of you. If you can financially swing it, hang on to your dream car.
    Best of luck on your surgery. (and maybe get a second opinion just because)
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Progmgr1 and mburger have given good advise, and I will be the third member of the back fusion club to add my thoughts.

Put it on blocks, and cover it up for whatever time it takes to heal. You WILL get better, and you WILL find new new ways to do what you enjoy. In 1989 I was involved in a go-kart accident (twin Yamaha KT 100's on alchohol). I fractured 4 vertebrae, and I am now fused from C6 to L3. It has been 29 years, but I still play with toys just like any other kid.

Remember....90 percent of your recovery will happen in the area between your ears.

Derald.
    Last edited by Derald Rice; 06-14-2018 at 06:09 PM.