FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forte Hydroboost

Post Thanks / Like

Forte Hydroboost

Looking for someone who is using the Forte Hydroboost power brakes to run a test to see if the problem I'm seeing is unique to me or is a common problem.

What I'm finding with this hydroboost setup is that if there is a leak on the front brake hydraulic circuit, I will lose braking on the fronts (as expected) but I also lose braking on the rear brakes (not expected). Same goes if I have a leak on the rear brake hydraulic circuit, I will not only lose braking on the rears but also on the front brakes. I describe the problem in detail on this post:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Safety-Issue

So ... if you are using the Forte Hydroboost setup, you can run a test by having someone apply the brakes and confirm good braking. Then crack open the bleed on either the front or rear brakes and see if you lose braking to all 4 wheels or only loose braking to the brake circuit you opened.

Thanks in advance!
    MK4 #9237 - complete kit, Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 12/11/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ask Mike?
    Coupe 0652 408 Windsor 510 hp TKO600-68OD 3.73 Traction-lok A/C and heat, Guardsman Blue with White stripes picked up 9/14 first start 7/10/15 go kart 8/15/15 registered, painted (body-on) 11/12/16 inspected and on the road 4/20/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSides9 View Post
    Did you ask Mike?
    Yes I did. Had several discussions w/ Mike on what I was seeing and he says that this is the first time he heard of this problem. He said he was going to look into it so I need to check back with him. The brakes will work fine when both front and rear hydraulic brake circuits are closed so unless you are testing for it, the brake system will appear to be working. I have calls into the re-manufacturers of the Ford master cylinder and GM hydroboost units that Mike is using to see if I can get the technical specs to confirm what I believe is the problem with the hydroboost not providing enough stroke to cause the internal pistons in the master cylinder to bottom out and pressure up the remaining good hydraulic circuit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why a new thread on the same subject?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be concerned too. Nothing good about losing all brakes when you really just lose half.
    Coupe 0652 408 Windsor 510 hp TKO600-68OD 3.73 Traction-lok A/C and heat, Guardsman Blue with White stripes picked up 9/14 first start 7/10/15 go kart 8/15/15 registered, painted (body-on) 11/12/16 inspected and on the road 4/20/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Why a new thread on the same subject?
    The previous post was describing the problem and seeing if anyone knew what the problem was. This post was reaching out for anyone that is using Forte's hydroboost to see if they could test their system to see if they are have a similar problem. Maybe I should of added it to the previous thread?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMLAND View Post
    The previous post was describing the problem and seeing if anyone knew what the problem was. This post was reaching out for anyone that is using Forte's hydroboost to see if they could test their system to see if they are have a similar problem. Maybe I should of added it to the previous thread?????
    No biggie Jim. i was just trying to figure if there was a new development so read through the original thread also.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.