Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Central PA FFR Roadster Owners?

Post Thanks / Like

Central PA FFR Roadster Owners?

Hi All,

I'm looking for other FFR Roadster Owners in Central PA. I live in State College and just bought an unfinished Mk 3.1 kit in the go-kart stage. The plan is to have it ready to drive in gel-coat by early spring, work the bugs out, then paint this summer.

I would love to connect with other roadster owners within 90 miles of State College.

Here's a photo of my current status:

IMG_2626.jpg
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the southern tier of NYS not much over 90 miles and do drive down that way to visit family.
    Will have to stop by on one of the trips down!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

3. Likes FF6602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF6602 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking for other FFR Roadster Owners in Central PA. I live in State College and just bought an unfinished Mk 3.1 kit in the go-kart stage. The plan is to have it ready to drive in gel-coat by early spring, work the bugs out, then paint this summer.

I would love to connect with other roadster owners within 90 miles of State College.

Here's a photo of my current status:

IMG_2626.jpg
    Hi. My name is also Craig AND I went to Penn State AND I also bought an unfinished roadster last year AND my plan is also to get it inspected in Gel Coat this summer. I live in western suburbs of philly so a little further than 90 miles but send a pm if you’re ever in the area.

5. Likes FF6602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Caesar here, I'm in West Chester Pa just down the road from Criag. good luck let us know if your ever in the area.

7. Likes FF6602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Craig -

I live in the vicinity of Craig and Caesar (whom I converse with offline). We met at a "meet up" in Valley Forge Park this past summer. There are quite a few more FFR owners in the area. I'm in Boyertown.

RickP

9. Likes FF6602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Button View Post
    I'm in the southern tier of NYS not much over 90 miles and do drive down that way to visit family.
    Will have to stop by on one of the trips down!
    Hi Ralph,

Great to hear from you. Please let me know if you are in the area - would love to chat! After my car is done, it would great to drive it up towards NY, maybe we could meet in the middle? I have clients in Coudersport PA and that's a fun, twisty drive from State College!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Philly connection

Hi to Craig, Caesar and RickP -- so great to hear from you guys! Boyertown, West Chester and surroundings are all familiar to me. When 6602 is on the road, I'll let you know and maybe we can arrange a meet-up in Lancaster County or somewhere convenient to you! My cell # is 814-777-2999 if you want to talk sometime.

RickP -- always glad to hear from a Penn Stater! I grew up here and my family bleeds blue and white. Guess what paint color combo I'm going to use...?!?! Let me know if you make a trip back to Happy Valley!

Here's my car the day I brought it home from CT last November. The body is off now and I'm going through the assembly manual to make sure it was put together properly. Don't want anything falling off at speed!

2018-10-14 15.33.59.jpg
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF6602 View Post
    Hi to Craig, Caesar and RickP -- so great to hear from you guys! Boyertown, West Chester and surroundings are all familiar to me. When 6602 is on the road, I'll let you know and maybe we can arrange a meet-up in Lancaster County or somewhere convenient to you! My cell # is 814-777-2999 if you want to talk sometime.

RickP -- always glad to hear from a Penn Stater! I grew up here and my family bleeds blue and white. Guess what paint color combo I'm going to use...?!?! Let me know if you make a trip back to Happy Valley!

Here's my car the day I brought it home from CT last November. The body is off now and I'm going through the assembly manual to make sure it was put together properly. Don't want anything falling off at speed!

2018-10-14 15.33.59.jpg
    Nice, you'll be done in no time

13. Likes FF6602 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Harrisburg, PA here. Hopefully you are ready for the CCBT this fall, it's a great time and you'll get to meet some fantastic people. My wife and I drive up to Boalsburg for Duffy's Tavern one or two times in the summer, just around the corner from State College. Mostly for the drive, but the foods pretty good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the CCBT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegadezx View Post
    Harrisburg, PA here. Hopefully you are ready for the CCBT this fall, it's a great time and you'll get to meet some fantastic people. My wife and I drive up to Boalsburg for Duffy's Tavern one or two times in the summer, just around the corner from State College. Mostly for the drive, but the foods pretty good too.
    Thanks for the reply, Renegadezx. I'm not familiar with "CCBT" -- please elaborate. Duffy's is always a good choice! Do you drive a FFR car?
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Cobra Covered Bridge Tour. In the fall the group gets together to tour old towns and covered bridges. Yes, I drive an FFR. There are a Few photos of my car on IMGUR under Renegadezx.

Post Thanks / Like

CCBT = Cobra Covered Bridge Tour = Good Times!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadezx View Post
    Cobra Covered Bridge Tour. In the fall the group gets together to tour old towns and covered bridges. Yes, I drive an FFR. There are a Few photos of my car on IMGUR under Renegadezx.
    Ah, got it. CCBT sounds like fun. Since you are in Harrisburg, I assume this tour is in Dauphin, Lancaster, York counties or close by?

PS: I looked at your posts on IMGUR. Loved the group photos and was a little ticked off at some of the snarky comments about "classic Miatas" and "they don't seem as special when there's a bunch of them together." Hopefully, those writers were just joking. If not, I say "Ignore 'em!"

You have a great looking car - would love to see it sometime. I see you have the heat shields on the sidepipes. How do you like those?

Please call me if you are going to be in the area. 814-777-2999 Would love to have you look at my build and give me your opinion / insights / ideas. Of course, if I steal some good ones from you, I would be obligated to buy you lunch and a beer at Duffy's!

Happy Motoring!
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    CCBT starts in Washington's Crossing PA and many times ends in Peddlers village or Van Sants airport (think biplanes). My wife and I will sometimes drive down the night before. It's an all day event for us.

Don't take IMGUR too seriously.

Love the heat shields, but not really necessary with fuel injection. That part of the pipe rarely gets too hot to touch. Forward by the collector gets toasty though.

My car is no trailer queen, we drive everywhere, and have been on some great road trips. She has the battle scars to show it. We've been to Ohio for the London Cobra Show (lost my transmission there in 2017), up and down skyline drive and blue ridge parkway, and all over the east coast. I'm fortunate, my wife enjoys the car more than I do.

I'll stay in touch, we get around quite a bit, and I'm sure we'll be up that way again soon.

20. Likes FF6602 liked this post