BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: MK III coyote

Post Thanks / Like

MK III coyote

Has anyone put a coyote in an MK III?

A friend came across a partially built MK III, but wants to do a coyote. Aside from changing engine mounts, would anything else need to be done to make it fit? Changes to foot box aluminum?
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be way off base here, but I believe the motor mount positions on the frame are the same for the coyote as for a SBF. Definitely will need to do new aluminum for the DS footbox. I don't believe there is much difference - from a driveline perspective - between a Mark III and a Mark IV. (just watch - somebody is going to blow this theory to bits!)
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    No change to the motor mounts. Mk3's worked with mod motors, which even though don't share any parts with the Coyote, are the same physical size and share the same motor mount locations, bell housing, etc. The big question will be the sheet metal, as mentioned. If by any chance the Mk3 in question was built for a mod motor and has the then available mod motor sheet metal, it would fit. But the rest of the story is that vintage of mod motor sheet metal took a lot of foot space away. The best course of action for that Mk3 Coyote swap regardless of how it was built would probably be new sheet metal as a minimum on the driver's side. The passenger side would probably clear the Coyote. But it's really tight for the passenger's feet compared to a Mk4. Changing that would be a nice touch as well. I can't say for sure the Mk4 sheet metal would directly fit to the Mk3 chassis however. Some custom fabrication might be necessary. There's also quite a bit of wiring required for the Coyote. Given the sheet metal and wiring, I'd probably recommend taking the body off for the swap.
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-03-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    I may be way off base here, but I believe the motor mount positions on the frame are the same for the coyote as for a SBF. Definitely will need to do new aluminum for the DS footbox. I don't believe there is much difference - from a driveline perspective - between a Mark III and a Mark IV. (just watch - somebody is going to blow this theory to bits!)
    Haha...You got off easy on that one Al
    MkIV #7854, Kit picked up September 2012, Coyote/BOSS 302 intake tuned at 488HP, TKO600, Center Force, Moser 8.8, driveshaft safety hoop, Stainless Header 4x1x4 headers, Gas-N-sidepipes, rad shroud, Wilwoods, NO PS/PB, heater/defroster, heated seats, wipers, Herb door panels, Dynamat Extreme sound/heat dampening, premium Rodtop top, Fast Freddie lexan wind screen, Nitto 555R, drop trunk battery, drop trunk storage,

Post Thanks / Like
    I am putting a Coyote in a MK III.
    I ordered the passenger foot box sheet metal from FFR.
    I also ordered the Coyote install kit from FFR.
    I ordered my Coyote "package" from Mike Forte.
    I am just now finishing up the fuel system and hope to start assembling the engine/transmission assembly for install into the chassis.
    Hope this helps.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    He ended up passing on it. He was worried that he'd put more into it than what it was worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    He was worried that he'd put more into it than what it was worth.
    Of course he would, just like all the rest of us

Jeff

8. Thanks 3yearplan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Of course he would, just like all the rest of us

Jeff
    Ain't that the truth...
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3yearplan View Post
    Ain't that the truth...
    Yep. He already has one (I think it is a Superformance) and thought he might be able to get this one cheap and either flip it or have a his and hers.

11. Likes 3yearplan liked this post