FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five MKIII New Unfinished Project

Post Thanks / Like

Factory Five MKIII New Unfinished Project

I recently found this while pursuing the Cobra listings on EBay, listing number:252354964332, " AC Cobra Replica Factory 5 MK3 Car Shelby New Unfinished Project". It looks to be almost done except for body, paint, and final assembly. Everything seems to be there, including a new, modified and tested, SHM 4.6 liter 32V Cobra engine, complete with all the electronics, punched out to 5.0.

Currently at $17K with no reserve!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great price! Make sure to see it in person.

Best of luck!

PS welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    $12K

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Before buying an unfinished kit, talk to your local DMV. This car does not have a title, it has a an MSO - Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. The MSO has the name of the person who purchased the kit. In some states, it's not transferable. And I don't think FFR will re-issue an MSO in your name.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cowan View Post
    And I don't think FFR will re-issue an MSO in your name.
    They won't. My understanding is they don't want to get involved in determining ownership other than the original purchaser, which I can understand. An MSO cannot be signed and transferred except by a dealer. The state must be willing to accept the original MSO with an accompanying bill of sale showing the ownership transfer. I can tell you for the state of Michigan this is a problem. I was not the original owner of my last build, and I had to buy a surety bond in order to title and license. An expensive last minute surprise, and even that solution was unsure right to the end. It's not a local office thing in Michigan. It's handled centrally in Lansing. I've shared this story before, and multiple residents of other states have said "no problem" but it's something that should be checked IMO.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

N/A
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good info.