Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR Side Louvers improvement and other small tweeks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I saw the dash support tubes on the FIAs and just love the look. I guess they are dash support. Actually, I don't know how the tubes are connected into the chassis on the originals. I saw one with a double set that went from the bottom of the dash to the top of the trans tunnel and another that was more or less parallel with those except further outboard and went from the dash to the floor. Anyway, I love it and have to have it. There is no functionality to it. But it looks tough. It really makes my interior look a little more racy, I think. Since I didn't want to get out the welder, I siliconed a washer and bolt in the end at the top and silconed the bottom to seal it. I had to go just a tad bit inboard more than I wanted due to electrical cables in the tunnel but I think I still got the essence of it. I used some rubber grommets to seal off the bottom hole in the tunnel as I don't have it carpeted. That's what I love about these projects. You can personalize them as much as you want. I also plan on using the supports for a Velcro temporary cup holder for my "Bubba" cup for longer trips. Permanent mounting is not kosher. See if you like it. WEK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046