Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Widebody almost finished

Post Thanks / Like

Widebody almost finished

What do you guys think. The wheels sit 4" outside the body. I think I might have went overboard with that offset. 3" might have been better. I have seen a lot of wide body GTM's but the all had that "it came that way from the factory look" you know where the entire fender is pulled out to cover the wheel. I have always liked a car with the bolt on look. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sick! Are the fronts going to be flared too? What size tires are you running?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Sick! Are the fronts going to be flared too? What size tires are you running?

No the front will not be flared, these is not much you can do to the front. If you go with a wider wheel when you turn you will run the tire into the footwell!
    The sizes are
    19X13 -44mm offset 345/30R19
    19X9.5 +53mm offset 265/30R19

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know where you are coming from! I had a roadster that I put Can Am tires and 14 x 15 wheels on and then did flares over the tires. You have gone the extra step and built it into the body. I like all the views except from the front. I would like to see it with a wider scoop to cover some of that front tub in the front but you like the "bolt on" look so I'm sure it's perfect for your design. You have done an amazing job. I would like to see the straight rear view that is probably even more impressive. Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Skullandbones all I did was think it up and paid a guy to photoshop it for me "that was before TAZ joined" All the credit has to go to Shane @ V Raptor Speed Works you know if he does it its got to be perfect.

Thanks Raptide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flotowngtm View Post
    What do you guys think. The wheels sit 4" outside the body. I think I might have went overboard with that offset. 3" might have been better. I have seen a lot of wide body GTM's but the all had that "it came that way from the factory look" you know where the entire fender is pulled out to cover the wheel. I have always liked a car with the bolt on look. What do you guys think?
    That is some awesome bodywork! I love how the rocker is blended into the flare on the front and the rear vent treatment behind the flare. One of the best things about a GTM is you have a butique car. Covered with details that are unique and well executed. Keep up the good work guys.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flotowngtm View Post
    Skullandbones all I did was think it up and paid a guy to photoshop it for me "that was before TAZ joined" All the credit has to go to Shane @ V Raptor Speed Works you know if he does it its got to be perfect.

Thanks Raptide
    Thanks!!! This was a pretty extensive project. Trying to come up with a way to stay as close to the concept that the owner wants, something that will actually clear these HUGE wheels and tires, and something I can exactly mirror and re-produce on both sides of the car.....a way to attach the new parts to the existing body....not exactly the simplest task......but that is what we do here....to the best of our abilities anyway. ;-)

I'm just blessed to be in a position where I have the opportunity to work for guys like this who have a vision of what they want and trust me enough to try to pull it off for them. Making major body mods from a couple of "example pics" and an artist's sketch where some obvious impossibilities exist is not always as straight-forward as I would like, but I welcome the challenge none-the-less.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Shane-

I think it is very sexy, and you pulled it off beautifully. Of course, the owner has the final stamp of approval, but I can't imagine him/her being anything other than over-the-top happy with the result! You did a heck of a job! Please post more pics, especially as you progress; I would love to see them. Any idea on final color? Thanks for sharing your hard work...

Regards,

Steve