Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where Are People Posting? Here or the "Other" Online Forum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where Are People Posting? Here or the "Other" Online Forum?

Hey All,

Now I'm trying to keep track of 2 forums... :S So, it seems like most of us are in both places. Where are people posting questions, etc? Here? The "old" forum? Are there any other threads on this topic (I searched, didn't find anything...).

Gale

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just go with the flow........Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    I just go with the flow........Steven
    Dude, you've got almost 500 posts here already. Wow!!!
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I would stay on this forum all the time, but, we don't have the PUB here. So, I go back and forth between the two.
    Steve
    MK 3.1 #6422, Complete Kit, 340hp Ford Racing Crate Engine, WC T-5 Trans, 3.55 Rear, Barcelona Red Mica Metallic, Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll find that most are still posting on the other forum. The only way this forum will continue to grow in information is if we, as a community, start to post FFR related topics here on this forum. We have been told by FFR that tech questions will be answered swiftly here and so far that has been the case. I have tried to post new topics here rather than the other to stimulate grown of this forum. Your results may vary. Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Gale K View Post
    Hey All,

Now I'm trying to keep track of 2 forums... :S So, it seems like most of us are in both places. Where are people posting questions, etc? Here? The "old" forum? Are there any other threads on this topic (I searched, didn't find anything...).

Gale
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we still go to FFcars because we are comfortable with the format. I feel it is easier to surf.
    Its kinda like putting on an old pair of shoes, they fit just right.

go to the FFcars home page and see all the recent posts from any thread. Somehow just easier to surf.
    Picture of the month is great, and people look forward to it.

I do not blog nor do I twitter or any other little gimmick out there. Yes my wife keeps me up to date on facebook.
    So these things are not as important to me.

The info on the other forum is just awsome and will also take more time to get moved over to here.

FFcars also feels more open to any brand kit, even though it is primarily FFR.
    This forum more about just FFR, like it is an extension of the FFR web site.

I still find I have to make myself come to this forum.
    Over time It will happen. The new FFR customers will start to come to this forum first.
    and this will make the change happen, but once again over time.

Later
    Mark D
    Last edited by Mark Dougherty; 05-06-2011 at 07:36 AM.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Both sites are default "home" tabs on my IE browser, so I check both sites equally, one after the other, for new posts, replys, questions, PMs, etc. I do seem to get more PMs at the other site, but it has five times the members (or more), so that's to be expected. It will take time for this site to grow, but it is going to need FFR's help to succeed. Posting tech info, historic photos, time lines, etc. Sort of an FFR company wiki if you will. It's great to see Dave on here with all of his posts, even those unrelated to the business. Where do you get support/interaction with a company like that these days? I'll continue to check in at the old site, as our whole build was pretty much chronicled there in posts/questions, but I'll be around this site...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I check out both forums but I like this one better, since Bill sold the other one it is to slow for my liking , and to much advertiseing. I like Daves comments and the FF tech section here .

Post Thanks / Like
    I post on both, but frankly, seem to be posting less and less on all forums altogether these days.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    My first "go to" forum is FFCars, as that is where the majority of new posts are happening. The classifieds are more extensive, the range of topics wider. There was a lot of banter when this forum was first started, about if the FFCars site would go down in flames. Obviously that's not going to happen. I check this site daily as well, but so far it is very slow compared to the other. As a newbie, I think you will gain far more info at the other site..

Frank mentions the "Ask a FF Tech" aspect of this forum. I think that was a good idea, but in the majority of cases the same question asked on the FFCars forum, (in the pertinent area), would be answered by experienced builders, far faster then the FFR techs do here. It seems the first answers in that Tech section, are often posted by other builders..
    An example would be the last thread on sun visors. Question was initially asked on May 1. Not until May 6 did anyone from FFR even respond, and even then it didn't offer a solution/answer..still hasn't gotten an answer from them to date.
    The thread on the throttle cable question asked on April 27th, didn't receive an answer till May 5th, and the promised picture was still never posted by a tech. Another builder actually helped the other fellow.

In all fairness, I know the fellows at FFR, Brian, Jason and others, do have a lot more on their hands, then checking the web site every few hours for questions.
    Last edited by AC Bill; 05-09-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I check both sites and post when I feel I have something to add. It seems like both sites lack the action the old site had before the sale.
    WAyne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I want this site to succeed,, but it doesn't generate the traffic or have the knowledge base yet of the other one.
    I try to post here as well, but it almost feels like a double post.

I do see a lot of activity here for the 818 project.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    May I ask what the "other site" might be, and why it's so taboo (guessing it's a competitor)?
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it's taboo, I just prefer not to advertise for them, I'd prefer to support Dave and applaud his efforts to dedicate a forum to support us.

the "other" site is FFCars. com.

I'm trying to force myself to post here, but it's hard. Right now the other site is the giant.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ha, that's funny! I've been to that site and tried logging-in thinking it was this forum and kept getting the message,
    "You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again."

Now it all makes sense.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Gas Fume Philosopher AJ Roadster NJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that right there is funny!!

I'm one that has almost completely switched. I know we don't get as much traffic here, but I don't care, it will come. This is the Factory Five Forum. Any others out there (and God knows there have been a few of 'em) are simply no longer in the mix for me. My gut tells me this one will be here and one of the others, now that it has been sold to a group with a history (well, at least an anecdotal history) of heavy-handedness with automobile-related internet forums, could easily decline. Advertisers on that forum have already gotten some very rude surprises in their renewal rates, and IMHO mandatory subscription fees are well within the realm of probability over there.

I'll wait here patiently until everyone else gets here. The coffee is good, the conversation is excellent, and it feels like home.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm here to stay. I think you can post whatever you want on the other as long as it goes with the flow of a few mods. If you stray you are quickly warned then banned. I have seen what some were banned for (Including myself) and some of them were very petty. My original name was banned there for trying to warn someone else that he would be banned: We both went that day.

I think it's important to discuss different points of view and I know I've been turned 180 a few times. That couldn't happen if I never got to hear the other side.

I think Dave wants this place to be a good source of information, but I also think he wants it to grow into a community where everyone and their opinion is respected. Just like our cars we are all different and blue isn't the only color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I registered here a while back, but honestly, haven't posted too much here.
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Rob,,,,,,I need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.