Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
Nice! I like those!

Any concerns with fitting a 225mm tire on a 7" wide wheel? I ask because I've been planning to use a 215mm wide tire, but I've been looking for 7.5"-8" wide wheels, which according to the "calculators" should fit well. Using that as a reference, you are putting a wider tire on a narrower wheel. Hence my question!
Thanks!

Tire size brings up another round of choices/compromises. Trying to maintain a 25" diameter, keep a 30 mm split between front and rear (as recommended), as wide as possible in the rear for looks/traction/no extra parts, and narrower in front for looks/less traction (due to no power steering).

With a 7" wheel in the front I can use either a 225 width that is 25" in dia or a 215 width that is 24.6" in dia.

With a 8.75" wheel in the rear I can use either a 255 width that is 25" in dia or 245 width that is 25.7" in dia.

So the 225/255 combo keeps everything the correct dia and keeps the 30mm split, the 215/245 combo does too except that there is almost a 1" difference in tire dia between F-R.

I'm leaning toward using the Hankook Ventus R-S3's, in the 225/255 sizes, but based on their specs either choices fit. In my opinion I prefer the tire to be on the larger side of the wheel size spec, I don't like the look of the tire "stretched" wide to fit on a too wide rim.