Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Honolulu 818S Hana (work/build) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    You are really flying along! The build is looking great, and you must be pleased.

So, how has it been working in the space you have? It doesn't appear to be slowing you down any!

I have enjoyed watching your progress. Looking forward to the go kart!!

Regards,

Steve
    Thanks for the positive comments! Actually the space is working out perfectly. Parts have been coming in as existing parts have been getting installed. Trash has to be hauled out often as all the cardboard and packing fills up a lot a available space. But maybe good, makes me clean up more often. I am having a great time building the 818 so far. Even with a few conflicts with information and Subaru parts variations, nothing has been frustrating. The frame and components have been laid out pretty well and component installation makes sense. My best tool has been my little angle grinder. Cut a little here shave a little there, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VD2021 View Post
    A,
    You're doing an outstanding job. I'm really looking forward to the karting of your auto-818. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks for the compliment. My little plan for myself is to go cart by end of November and spend December on body and interior. I have been spending most Saturday's, part of Sunday and 2-3 nights a week for a couple hours building. Untold hours researching and buying parts.
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel delivery

My wheels finally arrived, ordered on 10/4, delivered 10/23, shipped from California. I call shipping cost and time delay the Hawaii "Tax". Nothing for free!

The wheels are XXR, 535's in Chromium Black, 17x7 front, 18x8.75 rear, all +35.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had in my mind, after reading all the posts on wheel size, that I needed to push the boundary of size. My opinion is that these wheels are pretty big just looking at them hanging on the lugs. Obviously my body is not on, and I don't have tires yet, to completely verify fitment. But I can say they I only have about a half inch clearance on the backsides. I am really excited about how they look in person. I was hoping for a little more "deep dish" look, but its there a little on the rears. No offense to Wayne's XXR wheels, but the double bolt pattern bugs me, I'm so happy I found these with just the single 5x100 pattern.
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha818 View Post
    Looks great! I'm thinking about the XXR 530's in Chromium Black, so I'm anxious to see how your fitment turns out when the body panels are on.

No offense to Wayne's XXR wheels, but the double bolt pattern bugs me, I'm so happy I found these with just the single 5x100 pattern.
    The wheels I have on my Z (Nismo LMGT4, made by Rays) are like that and I've kinda grown to like the 10 hole look...

nengun-1518-00-rays-nismo_-_lm_gt4.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Looks great! I'm thinking about the XXR 530's in Chromium Black, so I'm anxious to see how your fitment turns out when the body panels are on.
    I was also thinking about the XXR 530s in that same color and those same sizes, so I'll be very curious how your fitment turns out. Please keep us posted!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post

The wheels I have on my Z (Nismo LMGT4, made by Rays) are like that and I've kinda grown to like the 10 hole look...

nengun-1518-00-rays-nismo_-_lm_gt4.png
    I have those LMGT4's on my R33 GTR and love them, but don't ever lose a center cap for the US version as they aren't made anymore and are nearly impossible to find.
    1995 Nissan Skyline GTR VSpec
    818S in progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NISMO_RB25 View Post
    I have those LMGT4's on my R33 GTR and love them, but don't ever lose a center cap for the US version as they aren't made anymore and are nearly impossible to find.
    R33... sweet!

Yeah, I got a deal on my wheels; forged monoblocks are super light, the XXR's that Aloha got and I'm considering cast; any chance of putting them on a scale?

Good to know about the center caps, but I'll be selling my Z in the near future. but I'll be getting my 818 tomorrow or Saturday