BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote M50 - Vacuum Source for FOR

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote M50 - Vacuum Source for FOR

Vacuum port for FPR.JPGVacuum port for FPR2.JPGIs the source for the vacuum-to-FPR the one shown in the below pics? If so, do I need to remove the fitting inside (shown in pic #2); it doesn't seem like it is a valve. I suppose I could use one of the 2 ports at the back of the DS head.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Coyote - Vacuum Source for FP Regulator-vacuum-port-fpr.jpg Coyote - Vacuum Source for FP Regulator-vacuum-port-fpr2.jpg
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    when I ran my coyote their was no vacuum at that port. called ford racing and ask about this. the fellow checked and did not know what this port was or what the thing was inside it. he said the correct vacuum port was P.S. front. I got vacuum and the fuel regulator works much better! try it you will like it ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I ended-up using the DS front port (near the PS port). Will look at it more closely to see if there is a difference in the set-up of the two ports.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Post Thanks / Like

Check your Coyote Vacuum source

Quote Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
    Vacuum port for FPR.JPGVacuum port for FPR2.JPGIs the source for the vacuum-to-FPR the one shown in the below pics? If so, do I need to remove the fitting inside (shown in pic #2); it doesn't seem like it is a valve. I suppose I could use one of the 2 ports at the back of the DS head.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Coyote - Vacuum Source for FP Regulator-vacuum-port-fpr.jpg Coyote - Vacuum Source for FP Regulator-vacuum-port-fpr2.jpg
    This port is shown to be used for the vacuum source for the fuel pressure regulator in the FFR Coyote instructions. As seen in Dale's photo, this port has a molded in plug with a 5/32" hex protrusion. I tried several ways to remove it and all failed. I twisted off the hex protrusion trying to turn it. In the end I drilled through it with a 1/4" drill bit. It was very thin and what debris fell into the intake shouldn't be a concern as it is plastic. There may be many Coyote builders that think they have a vacuum source for the fuel pressure regulator that don't.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Switching around my vacuum lines based on this and previous threads. Will use the driver's side port at the throttle body. Since I am doing tough emissions I have teed both the fuel regulator and the DS valve cover into this port. Will I have sufficient vacuum for both. I am also running about 3 ft of 1/8 inch ID hose for the fuel pressure regulator vacuum. Any issues with this setup?

One final question. Is there any vacuum at the port that is at 12 o'clock and faces forward from throttle body. Thanks for any advice offered.

Bob G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    This port is shown to be used for the vacuum source for the fuel pressure regulator in the FFR Coyote instructions. As seen in Dale's photo, this port has a molded in plug with a 5/32" hex protrusion. I tried several ways to remove it and all failed. I twisted off the hex protrusion trying to turn it. In the end I drilled through it with a 1/4" drill bit. It was very thin and what debris fell into the intake shouldn't be a concern as it is plastic. There may be many Coyote builders that think they have a vacuum source for the fuel pressure regulator that don't.
    I would be one of those Coyote owners. What is the purpose if vacuum at the regulator anyways? Do you have to have a vacuum source? Once it was drilled out did it provide sufficient vacuum?
    Chuck Krueger
    MK4 Kit - Picked up 4/5/14, Complete Kit, 3-Link, Wilwood upgrade, Coyote, TKO 500, First Start 7/25/15
    2000 C5
    2003 C5 Z06
    2007 C5 Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Chuck, the one I ended-up using is the one right by the throttle body (in the pic it has a hose clamp on it. Works well.P1140783.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
    Chuck, the one I ended-up using is the one right by the throttle body (in the pic it has a hose clamp on it. Works well.P1140783.JPG
    I'll take a look at it Wednesday when I get back from DC this week.
    Chuck Krueger
    MK4 Kit - Picked up 4/5/14, Complete Kit, 3-Link, Wilwood upgrade, Coyote, TKO 500, First Start 7/25/15
    2000 C5
    2003 C5 Z06
    2007 C5 Z06