Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Charles's '33 build Page

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charles. At the Build School, they really emphasized the importance of getting grease to the faces of all those large suspension bushings. Helps the suspension work properly and not bind. It's a little time-consuming, but you will notice that INSIDE the bushings, there are grease channels molded in. Simply use a Dremel with a cut-off wheel to extend those channels out (like a star pattern) across the faces of the bushings. I found it easiest to put the bushings in a vise and then just grind away. Takes thirty or forty seconds per bushing. When finished, it will allow the grease you pump into the zerk fitting to travel to ALL the bearing surfaces of the bushing - not just the inside ones. Don't know how many other guys are doing this... ERIC
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
    Charles. At the Build School, they really emphasized the importance of getting grease to the faces of all those large suspension bushings. Helps the suspension work properly and not bind. It's a little time-consuming, but you will notice that INSIDE the bushings, there are grease channels molded in. Simply use a Dremel with a cut-off wheel to extend those channels out (like a star pattern) across the faces of the bushings. I found it easiest to put the bushings in a vise and then just grind away. Takes thirty or forty seconds per bushing. When finished, it will allow the grease you pump into the zerk fitting to travel to ALL the bearing surfaces of the bushing - not just the inside ones. Don't know how many other guys are doing this... ERIC
    Thanks Eric for the tip! I was looking at those and it didn't look to me that the grease would travel in there very well. That makes perfect sense and great idea! Thanks...Charles