Quote Originally Posted by crspdsk8 View Post
I just keep plucking away with where I can and when I can. Some how since my last post, I gotten a few more things done.
I made a bracket to raise the brake reservoir some to sit just under the dash, installed the front shocks which I had to grind a little off the spacers to fit properly, got all the floor pans marked and drilled, and finally found a rear end and got it all cleaned up. I will be picking the rear end up from the shop on Friday as I had it completely rebuilt with new 31 spline axles, a new posi and new bearings and seals. I am running a 700r4 tranny and went with 3.73's in the rear.

I also have a tracking number for the last of the back ordered parts including the clevis's for the front suspension which of course I need to finish up the front. With those coming in and the rear end being completed, I should have a rolling chassis by the end of next week!! I have the wheels and tires picked out and just need to make a phone call and I will have them the next day. I decided to go with the Eagle Boss 338's with 18"x 8" in the front and 20" X 10" in the rear.

After hearing all the complaints about the supplied FFR fuel tank and apparent design flaw, I decided to go with the Boyd tank and it should be here next week as well!

I also started running brake lines and did them the way the manual states but I am not sure I really like it. I have seen a lot of builders just running them on the outside of the chassis rail and I am thinking of doing the same. If you have pictures to share of how you ran them, I would love to see them. I have a lot of the 1st line coming off the master cylinders but would like to see more of how/where they were ran back to the inside and finished up.
I also have a stupid question as it wasn't clear in the manual. The ends of these supplied brake lines are different length threads on each end. Does it matter which end goes in to the master cylinder and if so, which one. The longer threaded piece of the shorter one. Any help or suggestions with running the brakes is appreciated! FYI, I am running the Wilwood brakes front and back.

Hopefully I will reach my 1st major milestone next week with the car sitting on her own!!
This is how I ran my brake lines. Let me know if you need any detailed photos.