Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
Polarized sunglasses are hard to counterbalance. I have a pair that I use when it's sunny and my matte screen on my old laptop cannot get through. I don't think the finish type of the screen will make a difference. Unless there exist screen made for polarized sunglasses.
I agree, I don't think any screen film will fix the polarized sunglass problem. I was just trying to say that I had polarized sunglasses on, so I couldn't tell how bad the glare was or wasn't. At best, if you can get the polarizations lined up to about the same angle you could keep the polarized lenses from making it worse, but that's not too likely to happen.

In my Grand Cherokee the built in NAV/Audio display nearly completely disappears when I have my sunglasses on. I think they are both polarized and in opposite directions so it just turns into a black rectangle. With my sunglasses on I can only read the display if I turn my head enough for the two polarizations to line up more closely, which is awful hard to do while watching the road and probably looks really goofy to other drivers.

All that being said, I wouldn't give up my prescription polarized sunglasses to solve the problem.

Larry