FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Racing requirements for fuel tank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've only seen 1 picture of the K tuned/VCP setup and don't remember where I saw it. IIRC, they flipped the linkage upside down. If that's all they do is rotate the FFR bracket upright, then this should work.

After I machine it I'll test fit it, see if it works, get it quoted, and then see if it's worth trying to sell them.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad, Craig, et al; very good points abut the push bumper. I would think an ideal one should have a "crumple zone," or self-sacrificing aspect, and thereby be replaceable. We will need to figure out the best design and the best attachment points for that and, as Chad suggests, the wing. I have seen, but can't recall, exactly how the FFR R one is rigged. Weld-in brackets would be nice parts for someone to produce.

I have been struggling, over the past two years, to talk myself out of buying a tube bender. Now y'all have given me the perfect rationalization to do so. (Not much of a push required).

By the way, I think it's fine for the thread's focus to wander in this direction, since it's all related. I would probably put my fuel cell in the passenger location if it were not for the desire to have a passenger seat. I may still have to.

Bill