FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT : Registration and New Member Functionality PLEASE READ

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for spelling out the rules OP. I will mostly Lurk in the shadows for now, but I am buying a kit within a year, so I may be jumping out occasionally with some comments. Thanks for approving my registration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Cecil View Post
    Thanks for spelling out the rules OP. I will mostly Lurk in the shadows for now, but I am buying a kit within a year, so I may be jumping out occasionally with some comments. Thanks for approving my registration.
    Glad to do it! The hardest thing for new folks to do is is participate. I lurked for a long time too. As a matter of fact I lurked through the whole first generation forum before ffcobra.was born. And I lurked there for years before signing up. The biggest fear I had was of asking a "stupid" question and getting jumped on by a know-it-all. I can assure you that the fine folks here are not of that ilk. Start a thread in this forum, and my bet is you will welcomed with open arms and encouragement.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just in case it hasn't been made clear...

Fill in a few details about yourself, and specifically, why you are signing up for this forum. This field is required, and is used to help verify you are not a spammer. Don't put gibberish or generic answers in this field, as it will be viewed by the membership moderator after signup. If the moderator can't tie this answer to why you have signed up for this site, your membership request will be denied, and you will have to re-register! DO NOT use a business name as your ID or it will be rejected (unless you are a supporting vendor).
    That's the question you need to answer. It is NOT an acceptable answer to the question.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "not now" = no registration...

5. Likes RoadRacer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the approval! I've loved "Lurking" around here; now I'm looking forward to add a bit

7. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's about time for some kudos - because this is, by far, the best behaved forum I'm a member of - most have those know-it-all types that we all recognize. There used to be some of those here too, but luckily they all stepped over that line once too often and they're OUTTA HERE!

David and whoever else moderates does a great job - THANK YOU!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

9. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Likes Quincy, GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    100% agree. While jnr on this site, I have been participating in vehicle forums for well over a decade. Moderators do an awesome job and keep this forum super enjoyable to be part of!

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be missing something. I have signed up but dont see a way to make comments or post my GTM for sale. I dont even see a classified section.
    What am I doing wrong or am I even signed in properly
    Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ant man View Post
    I must be missing something. I have signed up but dont see a way to make comments or post my GTM for sale. I dont even see a classified section.
    What am I doing wrong or am I even signed in properly
    Adam
    For new members with less than 20 posts these restrictions are as follows:

You do not have access to your blog.
    You cannot post a new thread in the FOR SALE classifieds. You can still create a new thread in the WANTED portion of the classifieds. Posting a FOR SALE thread in a WANTED classified forum will be treated as a direct attempt to circumvent the rules and you WILL be penalized, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban.
    You can't create a picture album.
    You can't create a group of post new threads to a group. You can still post to existing group threads.
    You cannot update your profile or have a signature.
    You cannot have a custom title
    Calendar access is restricted (Thanks for the catch kwb160!)
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

13. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    For new members with less than 20 posts these restrictions are as follows:

You do not have access to your blog.
    You cannot post a new thread in the FOR SALE classifieds. You can still create a new thread in the WANTED portion of the classifieds. Posting a FOR SALE thread in a WANTED classified forum will be treated as a direct attempt to circumvent the rules and you WILL be penalized, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban.
    You can't create a picture album.
    You can't create a group of post new threads to a group. You can still post to existing group threads.
    You cannot update your profile or have a signature.
    You cannot have a custom title
    Calendar access is restricted (Thanks for the catch kwb160!)
    ...but if the admin sees your post and you are an owner chances are he immediately upgrades you.

Good luck with the sale Adam, you're good to go.

15. Thanks Papa thanked for this post
    Likes Papa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    never been in a fourm before. this has all kinds of rules. not sure if i can post. told my son to buy the car and if we couldn't get it done i would buy it. gave him the money because he bought a house. car still has his name on certificate.
    is he going to have to post instead of me?
    Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You can post your car for sale here:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/foru...tory-Five-Cars

Just click the blue "+ Post New Thread" button at the top of the forum to start your For-Sale thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "nothing in particular"??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Hodgkins is just trying to get his post count up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    "nothing in particular"??

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    Mr. Hodgkins is just trying to get his post count up.
    Good one!

Hopefully my intended audience will catch this thread, re-register (read the BIO instructions) and resubmit. I hate pulling that trigger but when the name and email don't correlate in any way, and they go for the generic answer it becomes a judgement call.

...and I'm not 100% right when I make that call. I usually get an email after that via the contact us link when I get it wrong. Or sometimes the person resubmits with a proper bio.

I'm glad when either of these happen, tempered by the fact that someone I'm sure has been put off by that rejection and has gone somewhere else.

But we still have NO spam here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to everyone and a better new year. My name is Bob and I am a retired electrical engineer and car enthusiast. I have restored, modified, repaired, and raced Firebirds since 1981. I have seen many of the build videos on YouTube and wanted to dip my toe into this fascinating and scary field of cars. I am located in the San Jose, CA area.

1974 Formula 350, 3 speed auto - restored inside and out, converted to true RamAir and 4b
    1997 TransAm convertible, RamAir, 6 speed - upgraded suspension and raced in 1999 and 2000 until convertibles required a roll bar
    1999 FireHawk, 4 speed auto - upgraded suspension, raced since 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bob,

Welcome to the forum! Let's see some pics of your rides! Here's a thread on using our gallery, if you are so inclined:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...tures-in-posts

I upgraded your account for full access.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I joined a few months back as I started my search for a car or considered a factory purchase.

I'm in Utah and have been a long time car restorer and just bought a partially built MK4. Excited to start!!
    Last edited by juddster; 01-14-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juddster View Post
    Thank you! I joined a few months back as I started my search for a car or considered a factory purchase.

I'm in Utah and have been a long time car restorer and just bought a partially built MK4. Excited to start!!
    ...and you now have full rights.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with the build!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm requesting an one-time permission to update my profile. I failed to include my 'SOLIDWORKS' experience. I utilized 'SOLIDWORKS' to create patent # 10767521. Currently working on marketing this patent. Parts drawing for two additional patents are on hold.
    Last edited by LarryHills; 01-31-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Larry you can now update your profile and you can discuss your patent but I caution you that you may not solicit sales without becoming a supporting vendor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy you have to post these rules, but thanks for protecting all the members...new and old

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi folks,

I got a tough one today. "I am a Christian, father and physician making my way through this life."

Great one, right? So, is this the perfect phrase to get past the social network firewall, or am I overthinking it.

He didn't say anything about why he is HERE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi folks,

I got a tough one today. "I am a Christian, father and physician making my way through this life."

Great one, right? So, is this the perfect phrase to get past the social network firewall, or am I overthinking it.

He didn't say anything about why he is HERE.

Yeah tough one but in your first post it says:
    "The registration process includes Biography as a required field which has to be filled with something relating to why you are on this site."

He must have found it somehow and planning to build or buy?

Maybe go back and ask him? Is that possible?
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Folks, PLEASE read the instructions. "newbie" or other generic answers don't pass!

I HATE rejecting people. But you HAVE to read the directions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Had to do it again...

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll be honest I didn’t read much of the newbie directions myself joining a couple months back. I will say I do have a background in information security and you definitely can’t be too careful for the folks jumping on for snooping or doing some phishing attempts at the members. Never can be too careful what information you share on a public forum. All that information is public and can easily be scraped off the web. Just my 2 cents. I’m glad someone is watching out. Thank you

33. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Oliver Racing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    I was a member years ago when I built a FFR MKIII for Ray Ward. Needless to say the site has changed alot. In the above message you state "Register and Registration", where do I find that on the site? I found my old information but I don't know how to change it. And I'm not sure where to post my Bio information. I am very interested in starting an 818c and I remember all the good help I got form the membership during my Mk III build and looking forward to that help again. Can you please help me out. Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverRacing View Post
    Dave,
    I was a member years ago when I built a FFR MKIII for Ray Ward. Needless to say the site has changed alot. In the above message you state "Register and Registration", where do I find that on the site? I found my old information but I don't know how to change it. And I'm not sure where to post my Bio information. I am very interested in starting an 818c and I remember all the good help I got form the membership during my Mk III build and looking forward to that help again. Can you please help me out. Jim
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just Looking??? Sorry... try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    New to this site and just getting acquainted with it. I'm at the age where navigating a computer forum is far more difficult than building a kit car. :-)

38. Likes StoneyCreekCobra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davamor View Post
    New to this site and just getting acquainted with it. I'm at the age where navigating a computer forum is far more difficult than building a kit car. :-)
    Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have. I’ve even been known to give personal tours of the site and can help you get acquainted with the different features it has. Anything I can do to help please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today I got a very funny signup bio! I don't usually post these, although some of them are very good for different reasons.

This one kinda tickled my funny bone:

"Former Ferrari owner, upgrading to a Mk4"

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it normal for no images to load before someone is approved? I looked all over for this info but couldn't find it, however now that I am approved, the images seem to be working now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFriar View Post
    Is it normal for no images to load before someone is approved? I looked all over for this info but couldn't find it, however now that I am approved, the images seem to be working now.
    What you are experiencing is normal behavior, based on the source of the images and the way rights progress on this site from visitor, to new user (< 10 posts) to "full rights" after 20 posts. We instituted these rules as part of our initial fight on spam which we won because this site is virtually* spam free. Full rights are granted by request because spammers don't generally READ the site they are spamming and the reduced privileges protect the site. Full rights are granted automatically after 20 posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! I was curious to why I couldn't update my profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was curious to why I couldn't update my profile.
    You can now Laz; Full rights extended.
    Welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

Long time Cobra lover, finally pulling the trigger

Hello all, I am really looking forward to "building, not buying" my dream car. I have been a "lurker" here for a couple of years, ever since I attended the FFR open house in 2018. That was quite an eye opener for me. You guys truly are a great community. I am hoping to add ONE MkIV to the Ontario roster in the near future. I also hope to attend at least 4 of the shows next year. The FFR open again, London, and maybe Louisville, and Oshkosh. Keep up the great work and I hope to see some of you guys "out and about" next year.
    John deBarros

46. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's an interesting approach, and I know you've mentioned it before.

I'll discuss it with Dave. It's a question I'd like to see the new guys answer: Would a $1 registration fee affect whether you have signed up for the site?

I would not have hesitated to pay $1.00 in the beginning....and after finding all of the great advice/help I even decided to pay it forward by supporting the site....I'm sure many have felt the same. Thanks David for all the "housekeeping" you do - it truly makes this forum the best I've seen!
    MK4 complete kit, BPE 427 LS, TKX, 3 link, PS, AC, 17 inch staggered Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm a new user and I don't mind the restrictions at all. I'm quickly discovering how valuable and important this forum is, its a sacred place. It would be completely destroyed if spammers got in here. Thank you for you diligence keeping them out.

d

49. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast