Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
Dan, you are exactly correct.
I can do this electrical stuff with my eyes closed.

I am amazed when I see the engines that look like new.
I bought this "no paint" car because I am the worst bodywork guy you will ever meet.

I would trade 5 wire diets for a nice paint job.

Bob
I'm a Mechanical Engineer but my whole life is one big mechanical and physical or even people process design and evaluation... I live for mechanical stuff at a "general" level

I used to work at a semiconductor company, My best friend designed machines from scratch to do things that no one had done before. (on a table with a drafting machine...) Our machine shop made them, we had a guy that did wiring so damn pretty with little labels that were plastic letters and numbers that slid on the wires. He bundled wires and melted off the end with the cigarette that seemed to be always on his lips! (Imagine a workplace like that today, 30 years later!) I installed the machines and made them work. Working back and forth with the designer and the shop to rework the machine components. I then had to develop a process, operation and maint instructions and train maint and operators. The machines had to run around the clock and provide process uptime and assy yield goals. (99.99% yield) It would take a year or more to do a machine and process working on 4-5 at a time.

I HATE WIRING! I'm severely color blind and haven't felt my hands, arms and anything below the chest for 23 years... I know my limitations!

I love seeing all the custom work like Wayne and Erik do and Craig's machine work. I have friends that do custom turbo installations and the tuning software stuff and it's amazing, I went the Cobb route, I just want it to be reliable and work, I have no time or energy to squeeze out that last few HP. Your wire harness work is right up there. My car will be more vanilla, functional, it's intended to fill a bucket list item that I've had since college and even with 230-240 RWH will have driving capabilities far beyond my driving skills. Tho right now my DD2 shifter kart does "stretch" those skills quite a bit!

The skill level in a wide variety of areas on the forum is remarkable. Thanks to many of them my car will be done by summer.