Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: how to vent the ls-7?

Post Thanks / Like

how to vent the ls-7?

I now have my ls-1 to ls-7 conversion done (almost) - the engine is running! I have a ls-7 setup with dry sump/oil tank with catch can. And now my question: What is the best way to vent the engine? I know, this has been discussed a lot, many different opinions around. Can I "tee" the two valve covers vents together, plus the valley cover vent and route this hose into my catch can? Or should I run the dirty/clean seperately?
    I know, this is not an emission-friendly solution, but I do not want the oil mist routed in my intake.
    Many thanks for any opinions here!

Eugen
    GTM #006 (early beta)
    On the road in Austria/Europe
    LS-7 with Kooks / G50 / Pfadt Bushings
    Bilstein shocks, C6 ZO6 brakes with DBA rotors
    Lightweight build (2.336 lbs ready to drive)

Post Thanks / Like
    vent them through the openings on the valve covers. we welded AN fittings and teed them going to a collection tank on the fire wall. Then goes to a puke tank in the back of the frame with a breather cap. the gearbox also breaths through this puke tank. it has a valve on the bottom to drain fluids. From the fire wall to the back of the car, the hoses run down hill so it doesn't create a trap condition. we also run a dry sump.

hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTM RACER View Post
    vent them through the openings on the valve covers. we welded AN fittings and teed them going to a collection tank on the fire wall. Then goes to a puke tank in the back of the frame with a breather cap. the gearbox also breaths through this puke tank. it has a valve on the bottom to drain fluids. From the fire wall to the back of the car, the hoses run down hill so it doesn't create a trap condition. we also run a dry sump.

hth
    I'm going threw the same. What about the valley cover, can that be capped off? Then like you say vent the two valve covers threw the collection tank then the puke tank.

I was wondering about adding the trans to the system. Glad to hear you're doing that and it works well.