Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DMV in California

Post Thanks / Like

DMV in California

How much of a problem is it to reg. this car in this state. Are you able to bypass the CARB requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, welcome to the forum. There has been numerous threads about the California registration process over the years, do a search using SB100 and many will show up. Which vehicle are you thinking about building? The process will be the same for all of them. I have personally registered three and helped with many more over the years.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pat, google SPCN or SB100.

There are some hoops to jump through but it's really not too hard to register a Specialty-Constructed vehicle in California. I'm sure someone will chime in with some links for you as well.

I registered via SB100 and my roadster is smog-exempt.

Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your response I have been looking at Factory Five since the Mark I first came out. The Mark IV will be the car I am going to build with a 302 early (carb) backed with T-5. Hopes it comes together this spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pat, that sound like a solid plan. Where in CA are you located?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Redding. Have been driving Miata's for the past 6 years since my retirement. Love the car, but have wanted a roadster since I first saw one at Wilman Ford in Tujunga in 1965. I know it is not the same but will be a close to the real one that I will ever get. After research I really think this will be a better car with all the improvements. Not to mention I will build it myself.