Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: if this don't put a monkey wrench into everything....

near the lil podunk town of Milano (about a hour northeast of Austin) {middle of NOWHERE}
    Post Thanks / Like

if this don't put a monkey wrench into everything....

here I am feverishly working on filling my mason jar GTM fund... this evening my younger daughter (daddy's baby girl) stopped by... she noticed the Factory Five brochures on the counter & sifted through them.... finally she holds out the one for the Type 65 & says "Daddy, I want one!!!" ... I'm thinking great, now I have to build a coupe before I can start MY GTM.... well, she went home (about a hour away from my place)... THEN a couple hours later I get a call from my older daughter... she tells me that her sister told about "the car Daddy is building for her" & she looks up Factory Five on the web.... she tells me that even though she knows her younger sister is "Daddy's Baby Girl" (she is fine with that since she is her "Papa's Sweety") but since she IS the oldest she gets one first.... she wants the 818.....

I'm expecting a call or visit from my son (youngest of the 3) wanting the HotRod before the w/e is out.... looking like I'll NEVER get to MY build....

Post Thanks / Like
    I just showed this post to my wife.
    She said "he could always say no."
    I said "I don't think he's ever said no to either his daughters. Do you?"
    her response... "Well maybe he could say no to his son then."

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as they agree that they help build it I don't see a problem

P

near the lil podunk town of Milano (about a hour northeast of Austin) {middle of NOWHERE}
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    I just showed this post to my wife.
    She said "he could always say no."
    I said "I don't think he's ever said no to either his daughters. Do you?"
    her response... "Well maybe he could say no to his son then."
    I tell them NO all the time.... (NO, dad don't mind sending you to collage.... NO,, dad don't mind sending you to collage for ANOTHER degree.... NO, dad has NO problem building you a car....)

of course, my son has helped me build vehicles since he was still in diapers so I am pretty sure he would say "Dad, I want one of those HotRods, let's build it"....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narkosys View Post
    As long as they agree that they help build it I don't see a problem

P
    I have no doubt my son would want to be in on the build.... the older girl MIGHT be willing to pitch in once in a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry great while.... the younger daughter NO CHANCE IN H3#L!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugly_Old_Cowboy View Post
    here I am feverishly working on filling my mason jar GTM fund... this evening my younger daughter (daddy's baby girl) stopped by... she noticed the Factory Five brochures on the counter & sifted through them.... finally she holds out the one for the Type 65 & says "Daddy, I want one!!!" ... I'm thinking great, now I have to build a coupe before I can start MY GTM.... well, she went home (about a hour away from my place)... THEN a couple hours later I get a call from my older daughter... she tells me that her sister told about "the car Daddy is building for her" & she looks up Factory Five on the web.... she tells me that even though she knows her younger sister is "Daddy's Baby Girl" (she is fine with that since she is her "Papa's Sweety") but since she IS the oldest she gets one first.... she wants the 818.....

I'm expecting a call or visit from my son (youngest of the 3) wanting the HotRod before the w/e is out.... looking like I'll NEVER get to MY build...
    Hey Cowboy,

I really hope you enjoy the Type 65, 818, 33 Hot Rod, Mark IV, builds that you are going to embark on, sounds like your going to have a lot of fun.

I know that the GTM forum is going to miss your skills and knowledge that you would have brought in helping to refine one of the most changeling kits that FFR offers.

Good Luck

Ron
    Last edited by Presto51; 01-04-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Cowboy-

I enjoyed your post. However, I don't know if you realize it or not, but I spoke with your children -- all great kids by the way, and they agreed that you wouldn't mind adopting me!! ;-o)

So, in light of the fact that we are now kin, I was really hoping for a screaming fast type 65 coupe! We can get started whenever you are ready!! ;-o)

Good luck with your builds, and let us know which of the (real) kids gets the first kit!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Cowboy-

I enjoyed your post. However, I don't know if you realize it or not, but I spoke with your children -- all great kids by the way, and they agreed that you wouldn't mind adopting me!! ;-o)

So, in light of the fact that we are now kin, I was really hoping for a screaming fast type 65 coupe! We can get started whenever you are ready!! ;-o)

Good luck with your builds, and let us know which of the (real) kids gets the first kit!

Regards,

Steve

LOL... I KNOW that's a crock... when I was still married, the EX & I actually discussed adopting & ALL of our kids were against it... & just so you know.... I would NEVER build 2 of the same kits without building one of the others first... & since my "Baby Girl" asked for a coupe first, she definitely has first shot at the Type 65 (she IS the favorite)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Hey Cowboy,

I really hope you enjoy the Type 65, 818, 33 Hot Rod, Mark IV, builds that you are going to embark on, sounds like your going to have a lot of fun.

I know that the GTM forum is going to miss your skills and knowledge that you would have brought in helping to refine one of the most changeling kits that FFR offers.

Good Luck

Ron

I'm afraid y'all are stuck with me... I have both the GTM forums linked to my cell phone so that any time someone post to any thread I have commented on it alerts me & since I use my phone for work, when it goes off I HAVE to check it....

Post Thanks / Like
    ok... I have been staggering around behind the house (in my vehicle storage area) looking over all the project vehicles I have back here & doing some honest soul searching.... of the 8 fully functional vehicles I have, in the last year + I have driven 4... 1 of those 4 has only been driven twice that I can remember... so I'm thinking it's time to put 4 or 5 up for sale.... there are a couple more I have gathered some donors for that I just lost interest in but have kept around in case the bug ever bit me again... think those might be going up for sale too.... hehehe... if things work out & stuff sells for what I "think" is a fair price, I just might be able to sneak in this GTM build before my kiddos come back to me & say "ok dad, here's the cash, order my kit"....

wait a minute... if I do that, will I have to hide my "man card"????

Post Thanks / Like
    ok... I have been staggering around behind the house (in my vehicle storage area) looking over all the project vehicles I have back here & doing some honest soul searching.... of the 8 fully functional vehicles I have, in the last year + I have driven 4... 1 of those 4 has only been driven twice that I can remember... so I'm thinking it's time to put 4 or 5 up for sale.... there are a couple more I have gathered some donors for that I just lost interest in but have kept around in case the bug ever bit me again... think those might be going up for sale too.... hehehe... if things work out & stuff sells for what I "think" is a fair price, I just might be able to sneak in this GTM build before my kiddos come back to me & say "ok dad, here's the cash, order my kit"....

Ok, Ok, we'll let you keep your Man Card......But we will be watching

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like

What are you thinking of selling? There may be a potential buyer looking at this thread! And anybody that has 8 fully functional vehicles automatically qualifies for a man card, and maybe even a lifetime membership. No worries there.

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    What are you thinking of selling? There may be a potential buyer looking at this thread! And anybody that has 8 fully functional vehicles automatically qualifies for a man card, and maybe even a lifetime membership. No worries there.

-Michael
    I built a 86 ExtCab S10 grafted onto a 73 K5 Blazer frame with a K30 Suburban running gear 350 with a turbo 400 4X4 (had a raised hunting platform on the back but currently has no bed).... built a 89 RegCab Ford Ranger grafted onto a 73 Jeep Wagoneer frame & running gear 390 with a C6 4X4... 99 ExtCab Ford Ranger grafted onto a shortened 99 F250 7.3 diesel 6spd 4X4... these were all play vehicles & have sat for quite a while so the finish is rough... also built a 99 ExtCab short bed dually F350 7.3 diesel 6spd 4X4 (this was used to pull my horse & cattle trailers & haul stuff around the ranch,,, but I mostly use my 01 CrewCab short bed dually F350 for that now since my wolves are too big to ride in the ExtCab any more)...

Saving Up...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read this and couldn't help but relate.

I'm going to build my GTM first, and then when my daughter turns about 12, We can build her car... but she needs to help.
    oddly though... she wants a Jeep Wrangler :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I built a 86 ExtCab S10 grafted onto a 73 K5 Blazer frame with a K30 Suburban running gear 350 with a turbo 400 4X4 (had a raised hunting platform on the back but currently has no bed).... built a 89 RegCab Ford Ranger grafted onto a 73 Jeep Wagoneer frame & running gear 390 with a C6 4X4... 99 ExtCab Ford Ranger grafted onto a shortened 99 F250 7.3 diesel 6spd 4X4... these were all play vehicles & have sat for quite a while so the finish is rough... also built a 99 ExtCab short bed dually F350 7.3 diesel 6spd 4X4 (this was used to pull my horse & cattle trailers & haul stuff around the ranch,,, but I mostly use my 01 CrewCab short bed dually F350 for that now since my wolves are too big to ride in the ExtCab any more)...
    I was hoping you were going to say something like "Oh I got this old Mustang, a TR6 and something called a Lister..."

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid y'all are stuck with me... I have both the GTM forums linked to my cell phone so that any time someone post to any thread I have commented on it alerts me & since I use my phone for work, when it goes off I HAVE to check it....
    ha ha, made you look! sounds like you've been bit by the ffr bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    ha ha, made you look! sounds like you've been bit by the ffr bug.
    actually, I have been daydreaming about the GTM for several years but never allowed myself to get toooooooo attached to the idea.... then a few months ago my son sent me a text with a link attached asking me if THAT was the car I had always talked about wanting to build... it was a Gen II GTM, I had only seen the Gen I... I had liked the older version but LOVED the newer & pretty much decided right then that I had to start a mason jar build fund...

Post Thanks / Like
    Better make it a gallon jug instead of a mason jar! HA!

Good luck with your plans, and I am sorry that you won't be adopting me.

Keep us updated with your plans.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    **update** sold the S10 grafted onto the blazer frame with the suburban running gear... so the mason jar GTM fund is back in the positive numbers after I ran across the 08 LS7 Z06 donor I just couldn't pass up...

now if I can get as good a price for a couple more of my old project vehicles I may just be able to order MY GTM kit before tooooooooooooo long...