Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  104

Thread: Adam's Canadian 13B Rotary 818-SR Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind the movement within the exhaust setup during driving. I have close to 3/4" of clearance around my tip penetration at the bottom corner of the rear bumper and still manage to find fiberglass residue transfer after a spirited drive. Also heat transfer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk818 View Post
    Keep in mind the movement within the exhaust setup during driving. I have close to 3/4" of clearance around my tip penetration at the bottom corner of the rear bumper and still manage to find fiberglass residue transfer after a spirited drive. Also heat transfer.
    I am trying to figure this out also. I don't want a big gap, so I am thinking of getting high temp silicone mat and making a tight fit bushing (cut holes in some cooking pan mats) that i will affix to there inside of the bumper.

This should help hold the tips in place. I have about a 1/4 gap around mine. As far as heat, fiberglass can take a lot. If I notice any issues, I will might make a high temp bezel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk818 View Post
    I have 1/4 inch clearance and no contact at all exiting in the lower right corner below the bumper. It's all about the engine and trans mounts. I have Cusco mounts and there it little movement. The stock mounts are like spaghetti. My exhaust pipe isn't very hot at exit (175) but a rotary has a much hotter exhaust
    Last edited by RM1SepEx; 10-06-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14