FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Minor front end tweak to shift form from GT-40-ish to Corvette-ish?

Post Thanks / Like

Minor front end tweak to shift form from GT-40-ish to Corvette-ish?

OK guys, be gentle. Longtime lurker here, just had one thought for a slight mod to the shape. The nose just says "GT-40" to me, and I spent a few minutes doing an uber-crude edit (with Paint, not Photoshop) to see if a minor mod might shift the whole look to the Chevy side. The existing nose is the only part of the design that seems out of character to me. I just edited the shape of the headlight opening and made the grill ends angular. I guess ideally you'd use recent oem Corvette headlights.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by centerpunch; 02-03-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly, welcome back to the Forum!

I see what you're trying to do here and yeah, I think it'll look ok! Thats the cool thing about GTM's and the people on this and the other forum. They make their GTM's their own.

I have seen of a modification similar to this before though. One builder actually retro fitted C6 Vette headlamps into the front of his car and changed the air intake for the radiator to resemble the C6 Corvette. I cant remember his username unfortunately. He modified it pretty well and it looks seriously sweet! He then changed the look further still to make it look similar to that Falcon F7 thing based off of the SLC kit car. Personally, i think his Vette look was nicer. But then again, i can understand why he changed it, perhaps he thought it just looked like a mid engine Corvette and it wasn't unique enough anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks- I googled "factory gtm with corvette headlights" and found some threads and pics on another forum, probably not supposed to put those links here though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some front clip mods I'm working on. Finished will be hot air exit via the top of the clip. The new opening is actually about 7 sq " larger than the original. made up new sheet metal behind the rads to keep all hot air out of the tunnel. I'm looking at ducting fresh air into the tunnel. Also new Corolla headlights? and fender vents. We'll see.
    Cheers, Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans

Post Thanks / Like
    Look in the ffcars forum under Thomas#142,He was working on a similar project using supra lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks- found that- actually Celica lights like the Smyth diesel Jetta midengine kit car.