Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What happened to AJW, aka 818Donors?

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to AJW, aka 818Donors?

It's been a long time since I've seen any posts by AJW and their web site blog has nothing since mid-October. Andrew has not responded to emails about parts I want to go with the donor crates I received in August. Are they gone or too busy?
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was trying to find a donor in November 2013 I contacted AJW. Three times. No response. Went with another salvage yard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called them a few weeks ago. After emailing them ( they barely responded to multiple emails requesting info ) , I called them two or three times and was told they were planning another donor run a few months out and to call back to check. I was told I was going to be put on their "mailing list" , but it sounded to me like either they were too busy, overwhelmed, or didn't care.. that was just my impression. I had this very uneasy feeling about waiting for them so I ordered my donor parts from Wayne instead and he took the time via phone and email to go over every question I had.

Post Thanks / Like
    DISCLAIMER: I have not used AJW, nor do I know anything about them or their current situation, if any. Below is meant in the general as it relates to the topic of poor customer service, not AJW specifically.

In my experience when I have run across this type of service/response, one of two things is likely the root cause:

1: Their business is not doing well for whatever reason. Watch over the next 3-6 months to see if they are still in business, or for the "I'm sorry" from the owner.

2: They may be busy with other/more profitable work. Most likely is that they, after doing it for a while, saw little Return on Investment (ROI). Once the "newness" wore off and the reality of the amount of work vs. the return in profit reality set in full-force, they walked away from this. I have no issue with a company that makes that type of business decision. What I DO have an issue with, is that they put people on "Ignore" and customer service goes in the can. This ultimately results in Option #1! Have the professionalism and respect for the customer and simply say, "we are no longer offering that service, sorry." They could even offer an alternative. THAT would be good customer service. They could put it on the website, put a posting here, etc.

The reality is that, what goes around comes around...thus Option #1! Ultimately, there will always be companies that want the business and will do the work. Or people here that see an opportunity and start their own business!

Post Thanks / Like
    They are still active on NASIOC. They even posted at 09:39 est today.

-Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Two things:

Being a vendor and cross-posting into another thread discussing another vendor is bad form.

Posting "gossip" about another vendor in addition to cross posting is REALLY bad form!

2 posts deleted.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused. I did neither.

If people are having issues with a vendor or member it is everyone's right to know so that nothing bad happens. By deleting post it appears as if you're protecting them and hiding something.

Just saying.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SixStar View Post
    I'm confused. I did neither.

If people are having issues with a vendor or member it is everyone's right to know so that nothing bad happens. By deleting post it appears as if you're protecting them and hiding something.

Just saying.
    PM sent.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone.
    Still here, personally have not posted on here in over a month, I have not been on the forum either.
    Kyle has been updating our build threads for our turnkey builds.

I set an auto response on our email for 818 Donors but apparently is has not worked correctly.

We hope to be bringing on board another employee to assist with our phone calls, so hopefully that improves since that and email seems to be the issue.

Donors are so backed up the demand out weighs the supply, that paired with the volume we are capable of processing in house limits production even more. We have done 30+ donor kits to date, tons of engine builds for 818 folks, and 2 turnkeys that are being built right now. Donors have been taking 2-4 months (sometimes more) to get out the door (in terms of how long it takes for a donor to arrive after you place a deposit for one). Many kits between- tear down, maintenance, cleaning, packaging take over 100 hours. There are 4 of us here now full time, 1 part time, and like I said hopefully another soon.

Is this an excuse for being hard to reach; well not a valid excuse that makes it ok but certainly the reality behind it.

This company has been in business for over 8 years, its not going anywhere.

Thanks for your concern, and I do apologize for the lack of communication.

- Andrew