Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
So I assume that you disconnect the dash wires at the harness point and not at the dash pod to remove dash? How easy are the wires to get to to disconnect and remove dash ? Doesn't the windshield mount cover up the wires, so you have to remove that first then disconnect dash pod wires and then the dash ?
So I
Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
The dash covers the wires once the gauge pod is in, not the windshield mount (unless the windshield mount on the R is dramatically further back than the S, which does not appear to be the case).

I was able to plug in the gauge pod AFTER mounting everything in place, but it was a tough reach. Removing those plugs will be harder. I assume you would have to unbolt the gauge pod from the dash, remove the dash, and then unplug the wires if you ever needed to get just the gauge pod out.
The dash is the issue on clearance, not the windscreen. I did what Bill did, which is plugged them in after everything was mounted. Took a few minutes and was a little bit of a pain. I think over winter I'll make a disconnect a foot or so upstream so I can easily remove the dash/cluster without reaching up there.