Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
Based on what I tried and what everyone else has said, I think the only solution that allows for adequate leg room with your head below the roll bar is a fixed position racing seat mounted basically directly to the floor.
Yup... that's my solution. Too bad it conflicts with your other requirements (something's gotta give). To me, this is ideal for the spirit of the 818... simple, custom, raw, track capable sports car.

I'm a stickler for ergonomics; a friend asked me how I can buy a car without ever driving or even sitting in it first. My answer was: 'the concept is brilliant and I'm building it around me, so it'll be right'. As I mentioned, I spent a good part of this past Saturday getting the steering wheel, seat, shifter and e-brake positioned. Since then, all my other cars (which are pretty well dialed-in) have felt a bit off! I'm now really, really happy with how it all turned out (well, I still have to mount my harnesses), but like I said it would not have been possible with the FFR tank, and stock seats.