Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: My Daytona Coupe Build... Ten Years in the Making

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here let me save you a step....this was my reply to Carlos....

I did use the FFR supplied fan. I can measure it for you when I get home. I'm trying to recall what I may have had to do to get the fit that I have....which seems perfect after it was all said and done.

I did modify the bottom of the slanted aluminum piece. I think I ended up cutting the horizontal bottom portion off of that piece, pushed the slanted portion back and made a new reinforced bottom piece that tied the vertical portion of the slant with the other (elephant ear) aluminum piece. As I recall I did that so that the bottom of the fan would fit better in front of the slant. I added another more substantial aluminum flat piece under all that and an L shaped piece above it all. I had heard many complain about how flimsy that section was so I basically redid it and created more space for the fan in the process. There was a recent thread on fans and someone used a dual fan set up (summit Racing fans) that seem thinner than the FFR...see if you could use those. The Breeze shroud is very nice and easy to modify to fit the coupe rad. It's a little deeper than some others I have seen and the sides are angled which I would think would help with airflow. Done properly you don't see the cuts in the shroud. I'll have a look at the thread I did and see if I can find pictures to help explain better.... Was it this site or the other Forum?

Here...found these...I made the whole aluminum ducting modular such that I can take it apart if needed...hence the nuts on the back side of the lower piece...the bolts have been trimmed back since the picture was taken. I did tack on a small metal piece at the bottom. I couldn't get the aluminum to sit square and having used calipers to line up the ducting at the top I wanted everything to look as straight as possible... it bugged me enough that I added a little support.

I had to be patient with all this but I am happy with the result.

Hope this helps...

Marc
    Last edited by Fluge; 10-06-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    It's just A Matter Of Time

Marc

FFR Coupe 434, 347ci, Power Brakes, SAI Mod, 3 link rear