Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 FIA Fuel Cell Design/Quote

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

818 FIA Certifed Fuel Cell

So I have a design and quote from Harmon Racing Cells, the cost is about $1300-$1400

Anything can be changed but this is what Harmon came up with. Harmon said that FIA standards the fuel cell needs to be strapped in which is a better option. They can do the tabs but if they are off by any degree it could be more work to mount. The sender and pump are in one plate, but depending on the size of the pump we need Harmon might have to make a special plate and mount it separately as well as the sender. The increased cost about $100. No charge just to drop the pump into the plate, but if there are any other parts Harmon would need would increase the cost. Most parts are small and minimal cost. The fill is in the corner, with the plates we need it to be about 1 1/2 from the edge, so what we can do is angle it to that corner. Now on the upside. the price If we place an order of 5 at once Harmon can knock off 10%. I didn't have the fill size (anyone know this?) and I would need to send a pump so Harmon can get the plate right.

I would want to add a collector to this.

The reason why this is only 36" long is to make room for the fire bottle as the area that the fuel cell sits in seems to be perfect for fire system, if we want we can make this longer. Please let me know if you have comments and if you are interested ?

Factory Five 818 Fuel Cell.jpg
    Last edited by FFRSpec72; 07-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress