Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BillJr212 - WRX 818-S build thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to update, but I am trying to make a habit to at least check in every few weeks so I don't get into the opposite habit of letting it flounder.

I have to say thanks again to whoever's idea I stole to use key chain labels to tag every connection (electrical, vacuum, and coolant) as I disassemble this thing. I officially finished off the first box of 50 this morning, so just ordered another from Amazon. I have been trying to color code to the extent reasonably possible (using red for everything that is getting deleted).

Also noticed during disassembly that the stock by-pass valve had 1 completely incorrect (way too short) bolt into the intercooler - 0 threads engaged, so I'm sure that was massively leaking and contributing to the plug fouling and rough idle. Still going to pull the motor apart to check for bent valves.

For those closer to completion, how easy are you thinking a clutch/flywheel change will be xx years/months after fully completing the car? Given the layout, it seems like it would be a cinch (relatively speaking). During my quick drive of the donor, the clutch felt fine, so I'm hoping to delay that expense and make it a future winter project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, here's me in vacation mode on the 1 day it rained. The panorama mode does something crazy, but the pool and building are a straight line and parallel to each other for reference.

room view.jpg