Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: iWire Turn Key 818 Harness for R and S Models

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philly15 View Post
    ok, I wasn't sure if it was just simply a voltage reference back to the ecu that could be replicated. I planned on running my car s2000 style with a key and push button, but wasn't sure if there was a way around the immobilizer.
    As Chad said, no way around it but it's pretty easy to basically ignore it like we did with his harness. As long as the box is working and can pick up the key frequency, it'll be happy so you can use any start method you like.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    As Chad said, no way around it but it's pretty easy to basically ignore it like we did with his harness. As long as the box is working and can pick up the key frequency, it'll be happy so you can use any start method you like.
    ok well I just wired the whole thing back in so should work, other than I cant find the antenna at the moment, but it should turn up. hopefully this all works out ok, Im now seeing why people pay to have this thing done. starting from scratch kind of sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok well I just wired the whole thing back in so should work, other than I cant find the antenna at the moment, but it should turn up. hopefully this all works out ok, Im now seeing why people pay to have this thing done. starting from scratch kind of sucks.
    The immobilizer antenna is in the OEM steering setup around the ignition key switch...small white connector. {on the 06, don't know about other years}. I also looked for it for a while as the engine wouldn't start. Once connected..Bingo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
    The immobilizer antenna is in the OEM steering setup around the ignition key switch...small white connector. {on the 06, don't know about other years}. I also looked for it for a while as the engine wouldn't start. Once connected..Bingo!
    thanks for that, I was wondering what the heck the single connector was I didn't have plugged in haha. On a side note, never again will I try to build my own harness. Im just praying it works right away, I don't want to have to trouble shoot this if it doesn't.
    Last edited by philly15; 07-04-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for that, I was wondering what the heck the single connector was I didn't have plugged in haha. On a side note, never again will I try to build my own harness. Im just praying it works right away, I don't want to have to trouble shoot this if it doesn't.

Good Luck!!!

fred

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    My iwire harness has worked flawlessly thus far. Just a shout out to Iwire for making such a great product. Thanks Brian
    Thanks Brando! I appreciate you taking the chance on me. Plus driving your car has fueled the fire for me to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Plavan View Post
    My IWire Harness looks awesome. I have not installed it yet, I just need to finish a few items before laying it inside.
    Less typing, more working!

Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
    Yep!

I totally understand, which is why I have a job.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]