BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: iWire Turn Key 818 Harness for R and S Models

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DIY would be awesome. The majority of people building this car are the DIY type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjones121 View Post
    DIY would be awesome. The majority of people building this car are the DIY type.
    I agree with this 100%, but there is a difference in mechanical DIY and electrical DIY. Wouldn't you agree that a majority of people who decided to build this car were interested the mechanical aspects of the build, not the nuisances of modern electrical systems? This is why at the heart of we do, we wan't to turn that electrical process into a mechanical one. Like Robert (Fireblade) mentioned, there is so much going on behind the scenes that comes with experience and knowledge. A DIY kit is just not going to be able to translate all of that, so when someone without an electrical background goes to build it the end result is just not going to replicate what we create here.

To Robert's point about tech support. This comes as a bonus to purchasing a harness from us. We will help as much as we possibly can and our customers can vouch for that. We would not be able to provide that support to the DIY customers because it would just be too daunting and not being a helpful resource to someone who has purchased from us not something we would feel right about doing.
    Last edited by iWire; 09-22-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    To Robert's point about tech support. This comes as a bonus to purchasing a harness from us.
    I'll admit, this is something I was looking forward to when I sent you my harness. No more "oh crap...it didn't do what I thought......now what? Let's see...what wires did I cut? Oh....all of them...right...........crap".
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with this 100%, but there is a difference in mechanical DIY and electrical DIY. Wouldn't you agree that a majority of people who decided to build this car were interested the mechanical aspects of the build, not the nuisances of modern electrical systems? This is why at the heart of we do, we wan't to turn that electrical process into a mechanical one. Like Robert (Fireblade) mentioned, there is so much going on behind the scenes that comes with experience and knowledge. A DIY kit is just not going to be able to translate all of that, so when someone without an electrical background goes to build it the end result is just not going to replicate what we create here.

To Robert's point about tech support. This comes as a bonus to purchasing a harness from us. We will help as much as we possibly can and our customers can vouch for that. We would not be able to provide that support to the DIY customers because it would just be too daunting and not being a helpful resource to someone who has purchased from us not something we would feel right about doing.
    I have to agree with Brian 100%. I'm a DIY type, but throw in the towel when it comes to electrical. There is no benefit for him to offer a DIY kit for $900-$1200. You are not only buying wire and plugs, you are buying his expertise and knowledge. If you think that is too much $ for a "Full Service" harness, then you can have fun doing it yourself. If anyone thinks that if Brian is doing a disservice not offering a lower price point DIY wiring harness, you should direct your frustration towards FFR if you feel you need to. It is their kit they sold you after all. I can only imagine what headaches would come from the constant phone calls or questions. It's not worth it at this point for him. He is booked for months with "Full Service" harnesses.

Brian saw an opportunity to create a plug and play wiring harness for the 818. I'm sure glad he did, otherwise I probably would have been still tangled up in wire in the garage after 100+ hours of frustration. Yes, the harness is expensive, but worth every penny.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Plavan View Post
    I have to agree with Brian 100%. I'm a DIY type, but throw in the towel when it comes to electrical. There is no benefit for him to offer a DIY kit for $900-$1200. You are not only buying wire and plugs, you are buying his expertise and knowledge. If you think that is too much $ for a "Full Service" harness, then you can have fun doing it yourself. If anyone thinks that if Brian is doing a disservice not offering a lower price point DIY wiring harness, you should direct your frustration towards FFR if you feel you need to. It is their kit they sold you after all. I can only imagine what headaches would come from the constant phone calls or questions. It's not worth it at this point for him. He is booked for months with "Full Service" harnesses.

Brian saw an opportunity to create a plug and play wiring harness for the 818. I'm sure glad he did, otherwise I probably would have been still tangled up in wire in the garage after 100+ hours of frustration. Yes, the harness is expensive, but worth every penny.
    AMEN, mine is absolutely lovely and is so clean. The rats nest is gone! My harness issues made me think the car would be unreliable. Brian's is production worthy. AND Brian is a joy to deal with is you have questions too!
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    AMEN, mine is absolutely lovely and is so clean. The rats nest is gone! My harness issues made me think the car would be unreliable. Brian's is production worthy. AND Brian is a joy to deal with is you have questions too!
    Thanks Dan! Glad to hear your happy.

And we helped get another 818 go karted all the way on the other side of the world!

David C's Australian 06 WRX Powered RHD 818 R
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1784988&type=3

When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dan! Glad to hear your happy.

And we helped get another 818 go karted all the way on the other side of the world!

David C's Australian 06 WRX Powered RHD 818 R
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1784988&type=3

Man RHD looks sweet