Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wallace18's 65 Coupe build thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I would show how I installed the Whitby P/B kit. I have changed up a few things and also added a hydraulic clutch to the mix. I used my left over wilwood master and a wildwood pull slave I got from Whitby. It is not to hard to do but you must modify the hole where the master cylinder for the donor kit goes. I used the wilwood front aluminum and modified it for the p/b kit. You have to cut part of the frame and install a altered brace to clear the booster. The kit has you drill and install 5/16" bolts. I tapped the brace to 3/8" and bolted in that way. It was 10x stiffer this way IMO. I modified the push rod to the master cylinder for the p/b kit so no spacers were needed. You must also mount the steering shaft bearing opposite from the FFR directions to clear the p/b booster. I mounted my clutch stuff inside and will have a access door to get to the fill bottle for the clutch. Here is some pics. I still have to run lines and get a flex line for the clutch slave. But I feel now I am back in the build mode. LOL.

IMG_0686.JPGIMG_0687.JPGIMG_0701.JPGIMG_0693.JPGIMG_0694.JPGIMG_0697.JPGIMG_0699.JPGIMG_0700.JPGIMG_0703.JPGIMG_0691.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I goofed up and snapped off the fitting in one of the front brake hose fittings. It was my fault trying to over tighten. I e-mailed Joe Scott at FFR to see if I could buy new ones or tell me where I could get them. He is sending me new ones in the mail right away that he had in his desk drawer. This is why I will be a FFR customer for life. Great products, great people and super service after the sale. Sure sometimes things get B/O but for the most part I think they do a great job. I just wanted to thank Joe and FFR for helping out a builder who goofed up! LOL.

IMG_0704.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    After completing my duties as a good husband and taking my lovely wife to St. Augustine for a few days for our anniversary, I finally got some work time in. I was able to finish up the front brake lines, crimp and install all the A/C lines, hook up the heater hoses, install the top firewall, battery and fuse panel. I highly suggest to install most of the A/C , heat stuff before installing the top firewall. It makes it so much easier IMO. I bought a A/C crimper from Tooltopia for a great price. Nice unit IMO. I also installed the gas pedal. I got all my pedals from Russ Thompson. He has some great stuff. I hope to get going on my rear brakes and wiring on Monday.

IMG_0717.JPGIMG_0706.JPGIMG_0707.JPGIMG_0708.JPGIMG_0709.JPGIMG_0711.JPGIMG_0712.JPGIMG_0713.JPGIMG_0714.JPGIMG_0715.JPG
    Last edited by wallace18; 09-27-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is pics of the pedals and crimper unit.
    IMG_0710.JPGIMG_0705.JPGIMG_0716.JPG