FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wallace18's 65 Coupe build thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in St. Augustine a couple of months ago. A great city with a lot of history you can still physically see and enjoy.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to work on the Coupe the last 2 days some. I finished up the rear brake lines, installed the battery, main cut off switch and most of the wiring harness. I also installed the rear aluminum and made a custom center console part to hide the A/C some and house the A/C controls and radio stuff. Still lots of wiring mods to be done. I did get the engine to crank, spark to plugs, fuel pump running and rad fan run with both A/C and temp switch. I used Ron F dual relay setup for the fan. I had great luck with it on other cars I built. Also started to run some A/C vent hoses.

IMG_0720.JPGIMG_0721.JPGIMG_0722.JPGIMG_0723.JPGIMG_0724.JPGIMG_0725.JPGIMG_0726.JPGIMG_0727.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the placement of the cutoff switch close to the battery. I mounted my battery up front so my switch was also up front in the passenger footbox side. You are a better man than I getting that trunk floor in in one piece. I had to cut mine longitudinally in order to get it in!!
    Bill

Coupe #421, Picked Up 11/15/08, started 1/1/09 - Rebuilt mildly massaged 302, T5, 3 Link, and Loads of Extras

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loeffler1 View Post
    I like the placement of the cutoff switch close to the battery. I mounted my battery up front so my switch was also up front in the passenger footbox side. You are a better man than I getting that trunk floor in in one piece. I had to cut mine longitudinally in order to get it in!!
    I also made a small slice on the drivers side near the shock and roll bar. I should ask FFR how they do it without scratching the powder coat. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put a ratchet strap around the piece to bow it up. Then slide it in and release the strap. Did it several times and works great!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    Put a ratchet strap around the piece to bow it up. Then slide it in and release the strap. Did it several times and works great!

John
    Very interesting but sneaky. To quote an old laugh in show. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the A/C, ignition and fan wiring working. I started to put in the Thermocoustic on the inside. I am going to get my dash cut in 2 so it will be easy to access wiring.
    IMG_0728.JPG