Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade - LCA SN95 Spindles 99 PBR Brakes & New Shocks

Post Thanks / Like
    Koni Shock (30-1720) and Koni Shock (30-1721) Dyno

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished up the front end. Only items left are brake bleeding, adjusting ride height, and then alignment.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Follow Up

Following up after bleeding the brakes, adjusting ride, and getting the alignment.

Since I had purchased front and rear Koni shocks, I went ahead and flipped the rear brake caliper mounting orientation to a front mounted orientation and I installed the rear Koni shocks as well. A month before I started this front upgrade I had already installed the Hawk HP plus+ rear pads on 1999 GT rear calipers and was waiting to bed them in with the new 1999 PBR calipers with HP plus+ front pad per Hawk guidance located here - http://www.hawkperformance.com/perfo...t/pads/hp-plus in the General Questions section.

Everything went pretty smoothly with the final brake bleeding, shock ride height adjustment, and alignment. I am still communicating with Mr. Neuman at http://www.vi-king.com/ and looking forward to trying out front and rear DA shocks they are working on/planning to offer.

At this point, I really like the way the car handles and the braking abilities over the previous equipment. I am impressed with how much it improved the braking, so thanks Wayne Presley, for that HP plus+ brake pad advice during a dyno visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12