Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3 Link, 4 Link, What Link???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the bushing removal piece. I'm sure that will come in handy for me when the time comes and others as well.

I thought on it about the pinion supports which are 1 1/4 x 1/8 steel straps. I think I will add some 3/4 in square tube to those by welding them to each other. It will be much faster than shaping new ones and drilling holes.

Curiously: I looked at the drooping pinion angle and decided that I needed to shorten the third link tube so I took a couple of pieces off each end (total about 3/1-4 inch) and then realized that I was thinking backwards. Actually, the tube needed to be longer. So I can use it for now but will have to order the same tube again as it was the perfect length as I had estimated in the first place! I really thought I would be adjusting less pinion angle to get to an acceptable number. But it turns out that I'm adjusting more into it to get to where I need to be (diff not pointing up too much). What are the best numbers for this when you are at the 350 to 375 hp level with a three link?

This project has been a lot of fun for me to get to know the "ins and outs" of the rear suspension mounting. I know the performance end of it is an entirely new and complicated aspect but at least I can play that game now.

Thanks,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    What are the best numbers for this when you are at the 350 to 375 hp level with a three link?
    Post #46...

Jeff