BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Makin' some 5s

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Makin' some 5s

I made some FFR 5s today. Thought I'd share some (teaser) pics. They'll sit in recesses (the same shape as the 5 itself) in a couple of the Carbon Fiber pieces I'm making for my build. One in a carbon fiber interior piece and one in a carbon fiber airbox in the engine compartment. When I first got the kit I wanted to build it quickly, but I'm glad I decided to do all the interior/exterior mods. I'm gonna be sad in a way when it's all done. I'm already thinking about a "from scratch" project for when I get through with the GTM.FFR 5 016.jpgFFR 5 015.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    I made some FFR 5s today. Thought I'd share some (teaser) pics. They'll sit in recesses (the same shape as the 5 itself) in a couple of the Carbon Fiber pieces I'm making for my build. One in a carbon fiber interior piece and one in a carbon fiber airbox in the engine compartment. When I first got the kit I wanted to build it quickly, but I'm glad I decided to do all the interior/exterior mods. I'm gonna be sad in a way when it's all done. I'm already thinking about a "from scratch" project for when I get through with the GTM.FFR 5 016.jpgFFR 5 015.jpg
    Great but....

1) Your killing us with the teasing (Are you sure your building )

2) I don't know if you'll ever get done, so don't worry about what your going to do after this project is finished

3) Of course I'm kidding\playing with you, but gee, come on and get It done so we can all drool over what your creating

Can't wait for the big finish

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That tease was for you Ron I'm building, I've gone through gallons of resin and filler, yards of cloth, etc. Itched constantly. I've been doing some pieces for others as well, and I'm putting that ahead of my stuff. (not blaming you Tino ) Still got some more exterior work to do and make molds for the exterior panels. I've gone way past what I intended to originally do, but it's gonna be cool. I'm adding a slim center sunroof similar to the one on the Koenigsegg, and I'm going to sell it as a kit. It'll have a fg section that will graft into the GTM roof and a scratch/uv resistant Lexan sunroof. I want to show a finished car in paint, WOW factor you know... The tease continues...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    gtm f1.jpg This is the plug for the front part of the F1 style intake I'm doing in carbon fiber. It's going to be a little over half the width of this plug, and will be the crown jewel on top of the car. I'll have the mold for it done this week. Believe it or not, the small detailed parts are much harder and time consuming than the larger panel sections.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been inspired by some of the guys on the other forum, These fresh n' clean chains will soon be available! 1_28187_ZM_Sterling-Silver-Twisted-Rope-24-Chain-Link-Necklace.jpg Just kidding Dave Smith, no need to call the lawyers! Or maybe we can do a copyright contract!