for longer trips I carry a donut spare with me in the trunk - aluminum rim one - couple of issues with the donut spares - carry some basic axle nuts as often the existing wheel nuts will not work well on the donut spares! Also test mount the donut spare to be sure it clears the disk brakes! Often you upgrade the brakes, works well with the offset rims most of us use BUT will not work with the donut spare! Thus be prepared to switch front to rear if needed. Also you will need a REALLY low profile jack to get the car raised up to change the tire. I also carry a small aluminum harbor freight jack that will slip under the frame if I can get about 3" clearance under any corner of the car. 'Course one day I'll have to have a picture of the look on someone face when i pull up behind them on the turnpike to see if I can help change their flat... they say I don't have my jack or it will not jack up enough... then I carry my duffel bag out of the trunk open it, out comes my jack - hook the hand on and change the tire with my battery impact wrench... in 15 minutes I'm done and out of there!