BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MK3.1 mostly closely resembles what year Cobra?

Post Thanks / Like

MK3.1 mostly closely resembles what year Cobra?

I built an 2007 MK3.1 that I love taking to local car shows. I am often asked what year Shelby Cobra my car is a replica of? I usually say a '65 427 Shelby Cobra. But I am not sure that is what FFR based the body style on.

Any one have a definitive answer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You are correct.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I received mine in Apr of 2007 and really don't know if it is a 3.1 or 3.0 but I don't think the body changed. I would say the drop butt mod would make the car look a lot more like the 65 S/C. The "perky butt" and the modification to the trunk area by FFR makes it sort of unique. That is, I don't think it looks like any original of any kind, as is, from the side or rear. But if you did those two changes, I think it would be much harder to differentiate at a glance. Then it would look pretty much like a 65 427 body. It's funny that now I hear more people asking me if it's an FFR than is it real or not. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046