Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Hindsight's build thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at the same place since my last post. Lots of planning and have ordered a lot of parts. Have not had time to actually install them though.

I've spent way more than I probably should have on the fuel system. My donor came with AP rails which didn't fit, and I didn't have the stock rails (plus I don't like the stock rails) so I got some better aftermarket ones from IAP and a Fuel Lab FPR. Between the cost of new fuel rails, FPR, new fuel filter, new Walbro pump, and all the -6 AN fuel hose and fittings, I believe I spent a hair over $700. At least it will be reliable and look very, very clean.

I also bought a TIG welder (previously had no welder of any kind) which should open up a bunch of possibilities and allow me to make my own exhaust.

Got the stuff I need for a thermostatic controlled remote oil cooler (using the Mocal plate and am planning on trying to remove the factory oil heat exchanger). Will try mounting the oil cooler on the left intake vent and my intake air filter on the right intake vent. All the oil and fuel lines will be mounted to the firewall I built.

So I'm at the point where I have a bunch of stuff I need to shuffle around to see where it will all fit and needed to have all those parts in hand to do that. This includes oil filler (went with Mechie's), AWIC, fuel tank filler hose, FPR, air intake, oil cooler, radiator overflow, AOS, etc. I decided to postpone the addition of the Accusump for now. I really want it but I also really want a lot of other things lol.

Also spent a lot of time planning my MR2 shifter which will probably be done very similar to Dan's. I'll be using a bell crank in the back. I may have to mount the shifter on a riser bracket to get the knob high enough for me. My Momo racing seat bulges out right where the shifter needs to go so I'll need extra height to help deal with that.

I also decided on going with 17" wheels/tires all the way around. Pretty set on Enkei Kojins. They are a good wheel and I love the way they look on the 818. I feel the 17" tire in the back with the slightly taller sidewall will improve acceleration traction.
    Last edited by Hindsight; 04-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.