Finally, SUCCESS!

I ended up watching a YouTube video that suggested 'locking out' the slave cylinder first before bleeding the rest of the system. It turns out that with such long lines (almost 13 feet in total) and moving parts in both the master and slave cylinders, it can be very hard to purge air trapped in the long lines if both cylinders are able to move at once. Bubbles just move back and forth inside the long lines.

I first disconnected the line from the master as Bob suggested, and verified that the master cylinder and connecting rod were set up and working as they should. I also replaced all of the lines with metric only lines and connectors to eliminate the supplied adapters. I was able to create better seals and ensure no leakage on any line connectors. Next, I removed the slave cylinder from the tranny and removed the rubber boot and rod. Then I put a small socket in the cylinder and fully compressed it with a large C clamp. This eliminated the moving parts at the rear. I then bled the system using the clutch pedal and rear bleed valve method (no vacuum system). It took about 12 sets of bleeds using the clutch pedal, but the fluid finally ran through the entire line and purged the air. I think I did a few extra sets to ensure that each bleed was fluid only - no air.

Only when I had a clean fluid bleed did I remove the C clamp from the slave cylinder. At that point I was able to replace the slave cylinder boot and rod and reinstall the slave cylinder. A few more slow compressions on the clutch and the slave piston moved out to its normal setting. A few more slow compressions and the clutch finally felt firm and both cylinders were working together smoothly.

It has been a bit of a nightmare, but with the help and suggestions of the folks here on the forum, I was able to solve the problem. Thanks everyone who responded! Now, back to the electrics...

Dave