My objective is to size both the DS and PS footbox to accommodate the Coyote engine. And hopefully install a footbox modification either sized by myself or install an existing builder’s design modification. Should anyone like measurements taken during this process please let me know.

The plan is to:

• Compare the standard F5 DS Inside Vertical Panel (IVP) with the standard F5 DS 4.6L IVP, if necessary

• Install Coyote engine (Coyote engine with 3/8 inch spacers) in bare chassis. Take measurements if required.

• Install Stainless Headers Mfg Coyote SS headers with F5 standard DS 4.6L IVP and standard F5 PS IVP. Take measurements as required.

• Determine DS FB accelerator pedal expansion

• Determine DS FB dead foot pedal support.

• Determine PS FB expansion.

I’m doing this first because I have never worked with sheet metal before and this mod has been driving me nuts since the first month (11/2013) I contemplated putting a Coyote engine in a roadster

All of these FB modifications have been done previously by pathfinder roadster builders but they all differ somewhat. I hope by doing this exercise I will become experienced in doing sheet metal mods, provide information that will be useful to other potential builders and/or verify that an existing builders mod will work for my roadster.

At the present time I have a bare chassis, the Coyote engine, engine mounts, a Moroso roadster oil pan and Stainless Headers Mfg Coyote SS headers. The Whitby Motorcars 3/8 inch engine spacers should arrive this week. I think I am pretty much Good to Go now.

I’ve attached pics of the bare chassis and SS headers. Pics of the Coyote engine and the Moroso oil pan have been posted previously on “Lifting a Coyote Engine”. If anyone wants them reposted let me know.

Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Damien