Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EFI Tuning the 5.0 Windsor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    I know that most people will disagree, but the EEC-IV computer from the 92 GT is not a self learning system. The memory stores the fault and diagnostic codes. I turn mine off frequently, and never notice anything different on restart.
    Rich: Is the 94 and after self learning? I have read about the differences from PCM to PCM but didn't know that the 92 didn't do that function. I believe you can have the 94 and later ones reflashed but don't quote me on that. Not being able to reflash the 92 PCM was a disappointment. The advent of the MegaSquirt PiMP at least gives me hope again. It's sort of the light at the end of the tunnel. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    You can run a piggyback chip on the Fox body computers.