Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EFI Tuning the 5.0 Windsor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've had a problem getting a working fuel pressure tester. I finally was able to take parts from one to get a working unit. So here are the results of my fuel rail pressure test for the old stock 92GT fuel pump. All in psi.

At idle - 40 after a few cycles, 1st gear at 4K - 38, 2nd gear at 4K - 38, 3rd gear at 4K - 38.5, 4th gear at 3K - 40, and 5th gear at 2.5K lugging up hill - 41. The fluctuations were from 37 to 41 but steady when at a certain rpm. I would have expected a lot more variation for it to be a fuel pressure problem. So it is a little disappointing but expected. Tomorrow I am changing out the pump for a new one and redo the test. Then we will go on to the next things on the "list". Thanks to my wife, Trish, for riding and doing the readouts for me. This is actually the fourth time she has been riding along with me in the roadster. Tomorrow will be the fifth. I will have to think of excuses like this to get her in the passenger seat more often.

It wasn't pretty but it worked.

WEK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, that high tech gauge attachment method looks very familiar! I think I used checkered flag duct tape though; you know to make it more racey! Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a fuel pressure problem. I got a load of bad fuel a few years ago that partially plugged the pickup sock and didn't feel the starvation and hesitation until pressure dropped below 15-18 PSI. I know you plan to put the pump in as preparation for future upgrades anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skullandbones View Post
    ...I will have to think of excuses like this to get her in the passenger seat more often.
    "Want to go get ice cream?" always works for mine

Cheers,
    Jeff