Wow it's really been a long time since I posted an update. Wish I could say I had made a ton of progress, but this winter did a good job of limiting that!

Good news is I've done a few things:Got the interior sheet metal mostly on, painted outside w/ 3M undercoating, inside will have sound deadening applied.
1-IMG_20150224_222628123.jpg3-IMG_20150308_142956643.jpg2-IMG_20150308_142948560.jpg

Also mounted the pedals, and mounted the throttle pedal and cable too. I added a 3" long piece of aluminum angle per Dan's suggestion (Thanks!) as it seemed ok first, but once I got it all mounted there was definitely some flex. I tied the angle to the frame with two rivnuts, and still had some flex as I kept the FFR bracket too. To fix that I riveted the top of the pedal frame to the FFR bracket (just below the cable opening). Initially I tried to fix it with an M4 nut/bolt, but the cable was riding so low there was interference...I ended up clearancing the bracket to make sure it all fit...I should add a photo of this to make sense of it. Either way, removed the nut/bolt, added a rivet and it all seems good now. Just need a pedal stop on the bottom.

More importantly than a bit of progress there, I spent some time finishing up the front end alignment...I'm at +4.1 for caster both sides, and -.375 and -.75 camber (L/R) I cut about 10mm off the longer/forward threaded adjuster so I could reduce caster as I initially adjusted to get camber in and had caster of +6-8. That seems like a pretty good starting point I think. Dialed in the rear trailing/toe links to the same length and leveled, and tweaked camber for that as well. The length to get the right amount of neg camber ended up being rather long for that link, as others have mentioned. I believe I have 5-6 threads per side though, which shouldn't have any strength issues.

And most exciting I finally got a motor! It was sold as a V7 EJ207 STi-RA Spec C. I'm pretty sure based on a few things it's an STi-RA I'm not sure it's Spec C tho, it does in fact have a VF34 turbo, and the right alternator cover for a Spec-C, but is missing the oil cooler, and the motor serial number is unreadable. The ECU I received suggests STi-RA rev A, which makes sense, so maybe it's that w/ the turbo added. Either way, it should work just fine. Need to do a timing belt on it, new oil pan and pickup, replace a few hoses, and new plugs. 5-IMG_20150410_200335007.jpg

My other task to finish is to convert my transmission to 2WD. I also have LSD that needs to go in, but I'm debating on whether to even do that...I'm sure I will want a LSD (or technically TBD) but this is an 02 WRX transmission...if I go easy it'll likely be ok for a while, but eventually it's not going to fare well against the motor I'm bolting it to. Tempted to use as is converted to 2wd and just save the LSD for a Legacy GT transmission or similar once this one fails.