Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Battery / High Amp Connections

Post Thanks / Like

Battery / High Amp Connections

I am unsure of a few remaining splices and connections in adapting my donor harness.

1. The manual, quoted below, seems to suggest that the starter solenoid connection is extended with 62 inches of 10awg wire. I assume that the reference to the yellow wire is actually a black wire with yellow tape or connector. Correct? The 62 inches seems about right given where my solenoid connector now ends.

2. The manual then tells us to splice 36 inches of 10 awg into the fuse - starter wire and makes reference to a double wire in the photo. Do we need to double this wire as in the picture?

3. I found no reference to connecting the negative side of the battery. Should I use the OEM cable and ground the battery to the frame?

Thanks.

John

Page 241:

"splice 62 inches of 10 gauge wire to the start wire (yellow wire pictured). Splice 36 inches of 10 gauge
    wire to the fuse box/starter wire(double red wires pictured) and connect to the ring terminal provided with wire crimpers."

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a double wire to the fuse box from the starter on the K818S build. Better safe than sorry. I did not have to lengthen the solenoid wire. By taking off all the tape and covers I was able to make it go to the starter no problem. The donor was a 2002WRX. I used the donor - cable to the frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I will follow your lead (pun intended) on the battery ground and double wire from the starter to the fuse. My solenoid wire will come close to the starter.

John